When I use the Walmart app, it has an option to scan in my receipt. When I go to that screen, it opens and there are no errors, but the screen is dark grey (no camera input). It's like the camera is busy and the app can't access it? I don't have any other camera apps installed, just the default app.
    It is a Verizon phone, running the updated lollipop software.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    05-27-16 09:48 PM
    According to the reviews, the app is garbage and hardly works for scanning or photos.
    05-27-16 10:56 PM
    I have use the app for the Savings Catcher for quite a while now the app did everything I required of it. But after the last update, I am experiencing th same issue you are.

I'm hoping they will come out with another update soon that addresses this issue.

In the meantime, I'm entering my receipt information manually.

Just want to let you know you are not alone.

Thanks! Bill
    05-28-16 09:54 PM
    l was having the same problem. But its working now as of v 3.7.2.
    06-19-16 12:06 PM
    I recently resolved this problem on my wife's LG Ultimate 2 with Kit Kat 4.4.2.
    Since the phone was rooted it is running Xposed. So I downloaded an Xposed module called "App Settings". After activating the module and rebooting, I opened the app and scrolled down to "Walmart" and tapped on it. I then activated the toggle on the top, pushed the "permissions" button, and then switched on the toggle that said "Revoke Permissions". I then scrolled down to "android.permission.CAMERA (take pictures and videos)" and tapped on it. I hit "ok" and then tapped the save button up top.
    After this, I opened the Walmart app and it said that the walmart app had been denied access to the camera. I then went back into the "App Settings" module and repeated the steps above to turn "android.permission.CAMERA (take pictures and videos)" back on! After saving, I reopened the Walmart app and the savings catcher scanner worked once again and so did the bar code scanner in the app!
    03-26-17 10:19 PM
    Thanks! Considering it's an old thread, with few posts, I'm going to consider the issue closed now.
    03-26-17 10:49 PM