Android have an excellent appstore, Apple have an excellent appstore, Windows too have..

Apple has developed almost all apps of Android in their OS. And has uploaded it to their store..

But we the BlackBerry users will have to search for an app in BBW, amazon appstore, snap, apk4blackberry,

Why BlackBerry is not developing apps in BBW.. we are just waisting data and time searching for third party apps that mostly make lot of issues like overheating, not responding, freezing, ,
    And we mostly end up not finding the suitable app.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:10 PM
    Developers are not interested in BlackBerry. Not enough users.
    09-14-15 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry was a little late to the a la carte software system, and in today's mobile market, being late has serious consequences.

Subsequent to that, at the onset of BB10, BlackBerry did try to get developers to invest in the platform. For various reasons, especially ROI, this hasn't happened.

FTR, Apple doesn't develop Android apps for Apple; Google does. Big difference.
    09-14-15 12:22 PM
    because the base of BlackBerry owners is so small compared to other platforms, the developers do not make any money creating for BlackBerry. And Blackberry themselves have not released the APIs in some cases to make excellent apps for the phones.
    09-14-15 12:25 PM
    Beg Google to develop apps for bb too..
    Scarcity.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:26 PM
    Scarcity.

Posted via CB10
    Google looks to make money. Even its "free" offerings are geared towards making it money. Until there is reasonable ROI, don't bet on Google supporting BB10.
    09-14-15 12:29 PM
    Scarcity.

Posted via CB10
    Google does not need BlackBerry. Begging won't work. BB10 is dying. Google is fine with that.
    09-14-15 12:34 PM
    Windows have a good app selection? Is this recent? Because I'm pretty sure it's just as bad.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    rthonpm and kgbbz10 like this.
    09-14-15 12:38 PM
    Windows have a good app selection? Is this recent? Because I'm pretty sure it's just as bad.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    It's relatively thin, yes.
    09-14-15 12:39 PM
    I was using symbian, E71.. os died.. so NOKIA too.. every one still using it is going get the app services for some more years.. after that, full stop.
    Same thing is gonna happen for bb10 I think..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:48 PM
    Scarcity.

Posted via CB10
    Google isn't developing for Windows Phone, either, and that platform likely has a larger user base at this point. It isn't just BB10.
    09-14-15 12:51 PM
    Plenty of people are developing apps for bb10. It just always seems to be that "must have app" and it changes each time. A working Instagram was a "must have app" now it's snapchat. There will always be one and that seems to make the entire app environment useless. I've come across maybe a dozen apps that I can't make work. A dozen out of millions, seriously. People will find any reason to complain imo.

What apps do you need, or want that you can't get to work? Ask on here, search on here, chances are you'll find someone has patched it or has gotten it to work and will help you.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-14-15 01:15 PM
    Feel pity for having a drained user base..
    .. now no one shows any interest in BlackBerry.. just keep calm and watch the other playing with apps.. you can just keep up the royalty only.. the peaceful moment is when we see a windows user struggling for apps... :-):-):-). But have a better user base.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:35 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Windows Phone has much better store than BB. Is not so good as on Android or iPhone, but definitely better than BBW.
    09-14-15 01:38 PM
    Windows Phone has much better store than BB. Is not so good as on Android or iPhone, but definitely better than BBW.
    Windows 10 just reach 85 Million installations..... There will be "some" developers that will see this as growth and a opportunity.

I'd say that right now Windows is in a much better position than BBW ever was... but it still has a long way to go to actually be competitive.
    09-14-15 01:58 PM
    Windows 10 just reach 85 Million installations..... There will be "some" developers that will see this as growth and a opportunity.

I'd say that right now Windows is in a much better position than BBW ever was... but it still has a long way to go to actually be competitive.
    I would agree.

Hindsight is 20/20, but MSFT's decision to resist a runtime was for the best.
    09-14-15 02:00 PM
    I would agree.

Hindsight is 20/20, but MSFT's decision to resist a runtime was for the best.
    I don't think the RUNTIME was a bad idea, in the short term - I don't think it was ever meant to be a long term solution.

It was the taking too long to make the decision to move away from BBOS, and then underestimating how long it would take to build this OS.

A BB10 device release with 10.3 and the "current" Android Runtime of the day would have been great.... back in 2010.
    09-14-15 02:08 PM
    I don't think the RUNTIME was a bad idea, in the short term - I don't think it was ever meant to be a long term solution.

It was the taking too long to make the decision to move away from BBOS, and then underestimating how long it would take to build this OS.

A BB10 device release with 10.3 and the "current" Android Runtime of the day would have been great.... back in 2010.
    I don't disagree with regards to the runtime. I also believe it was a short term remedy that kind of snowballed.

I do believe that leaning in Android had the potential for only one medium term result: a rumored Android-based device.
    09-14-15 02:13 PM