Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    After many emails to BB Help .. no reply. After [3] very frustrating phone calls to BB Support, I get an answer that BB is no longer working with Microsoft, or Microsoft is no longer working with BB to enable BB Link to work with Windows 10. SURPRISE!!! Now Bell Canada will not help me change to KEYone, which (Android) works with Windows 10, because my [2] year contract is only [1] year complete. SO .... what am I supposed to do? Print out a phone book of contact names, over and only use Classic as phone for the next year? This is 2017, NOT 1917. Over 3,800 contacts in Outlook, which can no longer by synced to Classic!!!!!
    08-15-17 09:05 AM
    Sorry but when you bought your phone a year ago.... this was a known situation, Windows 10 been out for two years already and BlackBerry stopped pushing out updates for LINK two years ago also. But some have been about to get LINK working with Windows 10.

Solution: Stop living in the past and use a fully sync able email solution... like Outlook.com.

Use a backup solution like Ultimate Backup to save your 3,800 contact to a cvs file. Create an outlook.com account (free or paid) and then import those contacts. Add that account to your desktop and phone... and never worry about them again.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-15-17 09:19 AM
    Dunt Dunt Dunt has provided you with what you need to know to get past this issue.

Technology moves fast, BlackBerry Link is from another era, and this is 2017.
    08-15-17 10:07 AM
    This is 2017, NOT 1917. Over 3,800 contacts in Outlook, which can no longer by synced to Classic!!!!!
    It's not 2007 either.

As has been mentioned, getting those contacts synced with an email solution like Outlook.com obviates the need for a desktop app to bridge between Outlook software and the phone. And as for why BB Link doesn't support Windows 10, the reason is because Link is as dead as BB10 itself.

Ultimate Backup has been mentioned, which can be found here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39592932
    co4nd and Tubbies2 like this.
    08-15-17 10:20 AM
    Over 3,800 contacts in Outlook, which can no longer by synced to Classic!!!!!
    By Outlook, do you mean an email client on a PC? If so, just add your account to a KeyOne and your contacts will be there like magic.

Syncing one's mobile calendar and contacts via PC software went out of fashion with the Handspring, as someone who lives in 2017 should know.
    08-15-17 10:35 AM
    By Outlook, do you mean an email client on a PC? If so, just add your account to a KeyOne and your contacts will be there like magic.

Syncing one's mobile calendar and contacts via PC software went out of fashion with the Handspring, as someone who lives in 2017 should know.
    Not if his Desktop Outlook is still using an old POP email service.... which is pretty much the only reason to be bothered using LINK to Sync contacts.

I understand some don't like the cloud, don't trust the cloud or want to use the cloud... but this is 2017. Even if you aren't putting your data in the cloud, someone else is....
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-15-17 10:45 AM
    I understand some don't like the cloud, don't trust the cloud or want to use the cloud... but this is 2017. Even if you aren't putting your data in the cloud, someone else is....

Yep, even if you are someone who does not trust the cloud you can still back up and put those contacts on a USB stick or external hard drive using Ultimate Backup or one of the other apps from BBW as already mentioned.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-15-17 11:45 AM
    I used to use BlackBerry Link and Blend with Windows 10 up until last Oct. Never had any issues.
    08-15-17 12:05 PM
    I used to use BlackBerry Link and Blend with Windows 10 up until last Oct. Never had any issues.
    That's when I gave up trying to use Link with Windows 10. Now I've got live automatic two way sync'ing of my Office Outlook contacts & calendar and I've always got an up to date backup in the Cloud.
    08-15-17 12:52 PM
    I'm still using Link in my Windows 10 PC to keep my Passport SE synced and to do my backups.

So, if you are like the rest of us who keep using 3 or 4 year old phones, you have to be patient and find your way around little issues like that one.

Search the forums and you will find a lot of info on how to make Link work in win10.
    08-21-17 11:14 PM
    I added my att account to my new K1. The K1 won't link my contacts or calendar with my Outlook account. I guess I was "supposed to know this?" I need to be able to work on the computer and have this information on the phone. Do I need to do everything in the cloud, or OneDrive?
    09-15-17 07:26 AM

This is SO not true.
    Sorry, but some of us have old phones (mine was a Z30), and we didn't know we wouldn't be able to do handsprings on the new devices. The contacts and calendar on my computer need to be on my phone. Now. This is extremely inconvenient and time-consuming.
    Last edited by Jean de Smet; 09-15-17 at 07:53 AM.
    09-15-17 07:32 AM