Hi all - I have set up my email address as a pop3 server on new bb passport but emails are not being pushed from server to the device. I am only receiving emails if I set the account to sync, whereas really emails should be pushing to the device even if sync settings are set to manual.

Under my account settings I do not even have the option to have emails pushed

I did have a bb Bold up until last week and had no issues with exactly the same email account. The only difference was that I was on Three. Now I am on Vodafone but I cannot see how the different carrier could be responsible for this problem.

This issue is driving me insane so any assistance would be massively appreciated please.....
    10-30-14 12:01 PM
    A POP account does not support Push or two-way sync. You're only able to set a time for it to check for messages and will only download received messages. I suggest you check if your email provider supports IMAP.

The reason you didn't have this issue before was because you had BIS so BlackBerry was checking your messages from their NOC and pushing them to your device. BlackBerry 10 no longer uses the NOC for that.

What type of Email account are you using? Hotmail/Outlook.com support AES which works perfectly on BB10. Gmail and some others use IMAP. If you're using your own corporate account, hopefully POP is not your only choice because quite honestly, it sucks for email.
    10-30-14 03:30 PM