James
    07-27-20 05:29 PM
    News on Key3?
    🤣 ROFL
    07-27-20 05:43 PM
    Hey buddy where you been hiding how’s the spirit of BB around here

News on key3 ? I got a Bold 9780 the other day

James
    Were you able to activate it ? Should be able to use it as your daily until the Key3 is released...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-27-20 06:00 PM
    yea I got it up and running .. email not so much but I think a OS upgrade might be able to solve that .. just havent had the time to get into i t..

Were you able to activate it ? Should be able to use it as your daily until the Key3 is released...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-27-20 06:58 PM
    yea I got it up and running .. email not so much but I think a OS upgrade might be able to solve that .. just havent had the time to get into i t..

Start with these forum members for now. There are others I’m sure that will jump in.
    Search the BBOS forums specifically as well.

@imradlol @gsm_dealer08
    07-28-20 05:52 AM
    Question is does it have BIS working? As that's the heart of BBOS, but it isn't supported all that much by carrier's today.

A great site on using a old BBOS powered phone without BIS (or with it) is The Bold Explorer

But there are years worth of phones between the 9780 and today.... where have you been?

Kevin still loves BlackBerry.... but he is a realist and has a real job now.
    07-28-20 07:45 AM
    Hey buddy where you been hiding
    He's hanging out with the presidents of Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Plymouth, and Mercury cars, as well as the leaders of Palm and Symbian. Because why move on?

News on key3 ?
    It's scheduled to be released 3 days after we achieve World Peace.
    pdr733, John Albert and Marcieln like this.
    07-28-20 09:40 AM
    @vx1
    So, i very well could be wrong, but i think whatever has to do with email may be broken. I've tried setting up email on several bbos devices and am met with either errors or just eternal loading screens. What carrier are you using the phone on? I know in the US bbos phones will still activate and get bis on tmobile's unlimited data plans(aka the magenta). I use my 8700 on it no problem! I've noticed that some MVNO's don't play nice with old bbos phones and the few i've tried i haven't gotten data to work at all.

Assuming your carrier has no BIS anymore, the gist of what you want to do is load up some modded service books called Anworm's Service books, and also download opera from the blackberry world(it still works, but if it has you update you need to update it OTA, which i can send the links for if you don't have it). Logicmail is a decent email app, but it doesn't support modern encryption protocols, so it may not work with your email provider at all. I second checking out bold explorer linked above me as well, it explains things much better than I can and very comprehensive
    07-29-20 01:53 PM
    @vx1
    So, i very well could be wrong, but i think whatever has to do with email may be broken. I've tried setting up email on several bbos devices and am met with either errors or just eternal loading screens. What carrier are you using the phone on? I know in the US bbos phones will still activate and get bis on tmobile's unlimited data plans(aka the magenta). I use my 8700 on it no problem! I've noticed that some MVNO's don't play nice with old bbos phones and the few i've tried i haven't gotten data to work at all.

Assuming your carrier has no BIS anymore, the gist of what you want to do is load up some modded service books called Anworm's Service books, and also download opera from the blackberry world(it still works, but if it has you update you need to update it OTA, which i can send the links for if you don't have it). Logicmail is a decent email app, but it doesn't support modern encryption protocols, so it may not work with your email provider at all. I second checking out bold explorer linked above me as well, it explains things much better than I can and very comprehensive
    If T-Mobile is ending 3G at the end of the year... I suspect they'll very soon stop allowing 3G only devices to be added.
    07-29-20 03:39 PM
    Well I'm on Rogers Wireless

they don't support BB much any more .. but I was able to get the phone working,text in my test the BIS service I believe is down
    was looking for a way to get the OS to accept a email account .. I have a build of the OS but the hardware wasnt being found by the BB desktop software .. so ..

If T-Mobile is ending 3G at the end of the year... I suspect they'll very soon stop allowing 3G only devices to be added.
    07-30-20 06:10 AM
    Without BIS you'll have to use the email solutions found in The Bold Explore link I provided above.

BB Desktop software is outdated and has issues with Windows 10.... some can get it to work, others can't. Search the threads for more tips on removing and reinstalling it.
    07-30-20 06:57 AM
    Kevin still loves BlackBerry.... but he is a realist and has a real job now.
    Bought an island near Bramson’s and spends days having to keep track of his Benjamin collection....
    @CrackBerry Kevin
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 07-30-20 at 07:44 PM.
    07-30-20 04:47 PM