I would like some apps developed for BBOS.

How and where can I proceed concerning this?

Cheers.
    12-02-16 05:42 AM
    App development needs time and skill.
    Many developers work for free and many need money for hard work.
    It depends what you want and ready to pay.
    12-02-16 06:43 AM
    Yes, of course I'm willing to pay.

I just need to know where I can find these developers?
    12-02-16 08:13 AM
    Nobody? Seriously?

Are there no app developers here on Crackberry? If so, please message me and we can discuss project and price.
    12-07-16 07:17 AM
    I think you'll get more interest if you give a little more information.

When you say BBOS, do you mean BB10?

What sort of general areas are you working in? A lot of developers have specialized into different industries and areas of focus. (e.g. apps that integrate with wearables/devices, social media apps, games, personal productivity, banking, etc.) So if you tell people what your focus area is, that might help with interest.

Do your app ideas require integration with 3rd party APIs? A lot of ideas we see on CB involved illegal or unethical backdoor integrations that many developers don't want to do. I'm not saying your ideas involve any of that, but if you make this clear more developers would take interest.

Do you envision this work as full time focus, or are you looking for developers who will work on this on the side? (This is related to your budget and timelines)

Do you have a designer or design firm already signed up for your project? If not, are you expecting the developer to bring design talent with him/her?
    Uzi and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-07-16 08:58 AM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Sorry I meant BB OS7.

I'm just a regular consumer of Blackberry, and wish to know where I can approach Blackberry developers. If such a place doesn't exist, then I can mention it here.

Basically, I need a flashlight app developed so I can continue to use my Blackberry at the same time. Doesn't exist in appstore, so might as well get it developed.
    12-07-16 02:33 PM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Sorry I meant BB OS7.

I'm just a regular consumer of Blackberry, and wish to know where I can approach Blackberry developers. If such a place doesn't exist, then I can mention it here.

Basically, I need a flashlight app developed so I can continue to use my Blackberry at the same time. Doesn't exist in appstore, so might as well get it developed.
    It would be less expensive to purchase a small LED flashlight. They can be had for less than $5.00 including tax.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    12-07-16 04:35 PM
    All the Best OP, this thread made my day.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 04:49 PM
    It would be less expensive to purchase a small LED flashlight. They can be had for less than $5.00 including tax.

Lol

Posted via Passport SE
    12-07-16 05:16 PM
    Or simply use the camera in video mode and turn on the flash

Posted via Passport SE
    12-07-16 05:17 PM

I don't want to carry two things around you see, when one device should be enough.
    12-08-16 07:59 AM
    Or simply use the camera in video mode and turn on the flash
    How does this solve the issue? I need the flashlight to be on when I'm doing other stuff on my phone.
    12-08-16 08:01 AM
    I don't want to carry two things around you see, when one device should be enough.
    No offence intended, but you sound terribly lazy to me. When you leave your home do you not carry your keys? Do you not have pockets that a small penlight would fit in without throwing you off balance, after all I did not suggest carrying a six volt camp lantern with you, just a small LED flashlight.

12-08-16 08:46 AM
    There are plenty of phones available to you that have this functionality already built-in, and buying one would cost you significantly less than paying someone to build an app for you.
    12-08-16 11:08 AM
    I'll make that app for you. $10k, 1/2 upfront...
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-08-16 11:13 AM
    Can this be done on BlackBerryos7? It would depend on a few things, but I don't think you guys bashing him are helping out.

He obviously knows he can buy other phones or a flashlight..
    But that's not what he wants. He wasn't asking for you to understand what he needs if you're not a developer.

For the record and those suggestions about using a flashlight, have you tried holding a flashlight and texting at the same time? Not that easy... not to mention the battery dies pretty fast too on those.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 11:42 AM
    Can this be done on BlackBerryos7? It would depend on a few things, but I don't think you guys bashing him are helping out.

But that's not what he wants. He wasn't asking for you to understand what he needs if you're not a developer.

For the record and those suggestions about using a flashlight, have you tried holding a flashlight and texting at the same time? Not that easy... not to mention the battery dies pretty fast too on those.

Posted via CB10
    I just don't think that the OP Know what he's in for, no one can understand paying a few hundred bucks to possibly thousands on an OS that is even older than the almost died BB10.

Posted via CB10
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    12-08-16 01:14 PM
    If it hadn't been done when BB7 was relevant, why five years past the sell-by date?
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-08-16 01:33 PM
    If it hadn't been done when BB7 was relevant, why five years past the sell-by date?
    Don't ask me! I'm just saying this guy knows what he wants... I definitely have no use for it

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 03:22 PM
    No offence intended, but you sound terribly lazy to me. When you leave your home do you not carry your keys? Do you not have pockets that a small penlight would fit in without throwing you off balance, after all I did not suggest carrying a six volt camp lantern with you, just a small LED flashlight.
    Offence taken. Are you having a laugh? Please don't compare carrying keys to carrying a torch. The former is a necessity which you know you will need, whilst the latter is a potential necessity which you don't know when you'll need. I'm not gonna start carrying a torch everyday in my pocket for something I might happen to need when out and about. Lets be realistic.
    app_Developer and petekohn123 like this.
    12-08-16 05:50 PM
    There are plenty of phones available to you that have this functionality already built-in, and buying one would cost you significantly less than paying someone to build an app for you.
    I need a phone with a multitude of features that most phones nowadays don't have. A PKB for starters...
    12-08-16 05:53 PM
    I'll make that app for you. $10k, 1/2 upfront...
    Is that it?
    12-08-16 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see there are still some sensible peeps here on CB.
    12-08-16 05:55 PM
    I just don't think that the OP Know what he's in for, no one can understand paying a few hundred bucks to possibly thousands on an OS that is even older than the almost died BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Please... any decent app developer should be able to knock up a demo of this in a few hours - assuming it's possible. I've had apps developed before that are MUCH more complex than a flashlight app, for other OS's, and they've costed far less. But here is the crux of the issue: no-one who has commented on this thread even knows whether what I'm asking for is actually even possible on a BB.
    12-08-16 05:59 PM
    Understood, except we're not talking about reasons... we're talking about the actual possibility.
    12-08-16 06:02 PM
29 12