Need a workhorse
    10-25-19 10:10 AM
    - KEYone - Swappa? eBay?
    - KEY2 - You don't. It's not officially whitelisted for VZW use, so don't bother

Your best bet is just to buy a KEY2 LE from GoTalk that is certified to work with VZW. - http://bbmobile.me/haEY5M
    10-25-19 10:50 AM
    Make sure you check out fully the limitations of the Verizon KEYone.... it's the 3GB variant and it's stuck on Android 7...

There is a thread here on the KEY2 on Verizon.... seems the best way to get it to work is buy the LE, it get activated and then put the SIM in a KEY2. But some have been able to get "someone" to active it directly as well.
    10-25-19 11:23 AM
    Got my key 2le from Best Buy, works great on Verizon. BTW, $325 out the door.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-25-19 11:32 AM
    - KEYone - Swappa? eBay?
    - KEY2 - You don't. It's not officially whitelisted for VZW use, so don't bother

Your best bet is just to buy a KEY2 LE from GoTalk that is certified to work with VZW. - http://bbmobile.me/haEY5M
    $499 for an LE a year after it launched for $399/$449

Lol
    10-25-19 11:47 AM

Lol
    Op never asked about priced and only accentuated the need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-25-19 11:53 AM

Lol
    What else would you suggest for a keyboard device that is whitelisted for Verizon?
    10-25-19 12:12 PM
    What else would you suggest for a keyboard device that is whitelisted for Verizon?
    I was referring to GoTalk's current pricing.

The LE itself is a fine device, probably TCL's best (aside from Red KEY2).

It's just... not worth $499 a year in.
    10-25-19 12:21 PM
    I was referring to GoTalk's current pricing.

The LE itself is a fine device, probably TCL's best (aside from Red KEY2).

It's just... not worth $499 a year in.
    So you would go with a slab instead if you were on Verizon and needed to buy a device today?
    10-25-19 12:25 PM
    So you would go with a slab instead if you were on Verizon and needed to buy a device today?
    Hell no, I would try to find a better deal from another retailer
    10-25-19 12:56 PM
    Hell no, I would try to find a better deal from another retailer
    And if you couldn't?

You know where I'm going. I submit $499 WOULD be worth it to you.
    Last edited by conite; 10-25-19 at 01:19 PM.
    10-25-19 12:58 PM
    Make sure you check out fully the limitations of the Verizon KEYone.... it's the 3GB variant and it's stuck on Android 7...

There is a thread here on the KEY2 on Verizon.... seems the best way to get it to work is buy the LE, it get activated and then put the SIM in a KEY2. But some have been able to get "someone" to active it directly as well.
    Upset that I'm stuck with Verizon. What's the point of requiring CDMA capable devices if they're disabling CDMA in a year anyway?
    11-23-19 06:57 PM
    The Key2 LE is not a CDMA radio device. The issue is what devices Verizon chooses to allow on their network, and the Key 2 wasn't selected as one.
    11-24-19 07:59 AM
    I have Verizon and have successfully used the KeyOne, Key2 LE, and now the Red Key2. No major issues!
    11-25-19 12:58 AM
    And if you couldn't?

You know where I'm going. I submit $499 WOULD be worth it to you.
    That's the truth! It was for me when my KeyOne went for a swim and I didn't have a backup device and GoTalk was only retailer who had stock! And for $160 more, I was able to snag the Key2 Red from Best Buy a month later.
    It comes down to timing and supply/demand....
    11-25-19 01:05 AM
    Upset that I'm stuck with Verizon. What's the point of requiring CDMA capable devices if they're disabling CDMA in a year anyway?
    There are many threads re: using KEY2 on Verizon. I've been using mine for months, no problems.
    11-25-19 06:59 AM
    There are many threads re: using KEY2 on Verizon. I've been using mine for months, no problems.
    The problem is that everyone has different idea of “no problems” regarding service. One person in the beginning, with only data function, using Google Voice considered that acceptable .
    11-25-19 07:11 AM
    The problem is that everyone has different idea of “no problems” regarding service. One person in the beginning, with only data function, using Google Voice considered that acceptable .
    Yes, but all of the basic functions of a phone work. Not quite the same.
    11-26-19 01:40 PM
    Yes, but all of the basic functions of a phone work. Not quite the same.
    I agree but when a BB PRIV, DTEK, KEYone and Key2 have different functionality that becomes the problem. We’ve explained to many on here that Key2 isn’t certified on VZW so it won’t get all the features of the Key2 LE and while you’re ok with that, many other CB members aren’t ok with that. It’s just fair that members should know that non-certified means their expectations should be lowered. If that’s a problem, those members should buy a fully certified and supported device.
    11-26-19 02:26 PM
    I agree but when a BB PRIV, DTEK, KEYone and Key2 have different functionality that becomes the problem. We’ve explained to many on here that Key2 isn’t certified on VZW so it won’t get all the features of the Key2 LE and while you’re ok with that, many other CB members aren’t ok with that. It’s just fair that members should know that non-certified means their expectations should be lowered. If that’s a problem, those members should buy a fully certified and supported device.
    Which KEY2 LE features doesn't it get?
    11-26-19 02:29 PM
    Which KEY2 LE features doesn't it get?
    Standard activation by VZW and carrier device support without having to use use voodoo methods for starters. Carrier sold LE is supposed to have all features including carrier warranty support. WFC, VoLTE and mobile hotspot. I’m on AT&T so I don’t even understand why the certification process is required but for VZW it’s a thing...
    11-26-19 02:48 PM
    Standard activation by VZW and carrier device support without having to use use voodoo methods for starters. Carrier sold LE is supposed to have all features including carrier warranty support. WFC, VoLTE and mobile hotspot. I’m on AT&T so I don’t even understand why the certification process is required but for VZW it’s a thing...
    So the only significant thing missing is WFC (though looks like that might not even work on LEs per some forum posts). Warranty is covered by manufacturer (though anyone buying a KEY2 is buying it used anyway so the point is moot), VOLTE works fine, activation is simple and requires the same network feature as the LE, hotspot works just fine. Like I said, the US KEY2 works just fine on Verizon.
    11-26-19 03:40 PM
    So the only significant thing missing is WFC (though looks like that might not even work on LEs per some forum posts). Warranty is covered by manufacturer (though anyone buying a KEY2 is buying it used anyway so the point is moot), VOLTE works fine, activation is simple and requires the same network feature as the LE, hotspot works just fine. Like I said, the US KEY2 works just fine on Verizon.
    As long as you can get it activated. It’s not perfect as VZW requires certified for official activation. Some people have reported service issues. Since VZW doesn’t officially support the Key2, there’s no consistency in service. Forum members come here not understanding that expecting to buy the phone and not have issues using on VZW like AT&T or T-Mobile but it’s not the same. As long as forum members understand the operational setup voodoo of the Key2 on VZW, that’s great. We’ve just had people complain they didn’t understand. Ultimately, who cares? What’s the harm with informing the people?
    11-26-19 04:16 PM
    As long as you can get it activated. It’s not perfect as VZW requires certified for official activation. Some people have reported service issues. Since VZW doesn’t officially support the Key2, there’s no consistency in service. Forum members come here not understanding that expecting to buy the phone and not have issues using on VZW like AT&T or T-Mobile but it’s not the same. As long as forum members understand the operational setup voodoo of the Key2 on VZW, that’s great. We’ve just had people complain they didn’t understand. Ultimately, who cares? What’s the harm with informing the people?
    The harm isn't in informing people. The problem is saying things like KEY2 won't work, full stop, don't bother. That's what confuses the issue. The fact is the US KEY2 will work fine and do everything that probably 90% of people want it to.

I think the most reasonable thing to do is to explain what does and doesn't work, how to make it work, and let folks decide for themselves.
    11-26-19 05:18 PM
    The harm isn't in informing people. The problem is saying things like KEY2 won't work, full stop, don't bother. That's what confuses the issue. The fact is the US KEY2 will work fine and do everything that probably 90% of people want it to.

I think the most reasonable thing to do is to explain what does and doesn't work, how to make it work, and let folks decide for themselves.
    Once activated, I agree. The problem is the activation has been a problem as well for many. Is there any harm in saying the device isn’t certified so don’t expect the Android/iOS trouble free activation experience. This isn’t unique to Key2 but any non-certified device. It’s not as if VZW has a BYOD program and this is just some glitch.
    11-26-19 06:44 PM
27 12