I keep reading about the Verizon Whitelist. Could anyone share a link for the list? Or any list of phones that are compatible with Verizon that aren't sold through Verizon.

Cheers!!
    08-20-18 01:04 PM
    Here you go: https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2843

You can also do a search in your favourite search engine for 'Open Market Android Phones Verizon'
    08-20-18 01:20 PM
    Not a very big list....

Sadly not even all past Verizon phones can be used anymore.
    08-20-18 01:24 PM
    Here you go: https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2843

You can also do a search in your favourite search engine for 'Open Market Android Phones Verizon'
    Many thank yous. I tried verizon whitelist and didn't find anything.
    08-20-18 01:49 PM
    Not a very big list....

For some strange reason the Priv my fiancé is using will say 4Glte and when she makes a phone call it drops to 1x. I am afraid my Z30, if I should need to go back to it, won't work at all.
    08-20-18 01:50 PM
    Not a very big list....

Wow yeah this is a joke of a phone list.
    08-20-18 02:03 PM
    Wow yeah this is a joke of a phone list.
    Yeah someone found out that they can't activate a Verizon branded BlackBerry Classic....
    08-20-18 02:16 PM
    Yeah someone found out that they can't activate a Verizon branded BlackBerry Classic....
    Yeah that's ridiculous. I guess sooner or later I will at some point have to switch carriers to stay with BBmo. The whitelist page has many comments asking VZW to whitelist the KEY² just can't believe neither sides are working on anything.
    08-20-18 02:25 PM
    Yeah that's ridiculous. I guess sooner or later I will at some point have to switch carriers to stay with BBmo. The whitelist page has many comments asking VZW to whitelist the KEY² just can't believe neither sides are working on anything.
    Why not?

Both Verizon and BBMo has data on the CDMA KEYone.... I expect that's all they need to make an informed decision. The "cost" isn't worth the likely number of customers it would help either to gain or retain.

More surprising to me that there aren't any Huawei, OnePlus or Nokia phones on that list. I expect far more people have left Verizon over one of those, than the KEY2.
    08-20-18 02:35 PM
    Why not?

Both Verizon and BBMo has data on the CDMA KEYone.... I expect that's all they need to make an informed decision. The "cost" isn't worth the likely number of customers it would help either to gain or retain.

More surprising to me that there aren't any Huawei, OnePlus or Nokia phones on that list. I expect far more people have left Verizon over one of those, than the KEY2.
    I just mean there isn't a definitive "no we are no longer working with CDMA phones." from BBmo or "We are not going to carry the KEY²" from VZW.

There were a few Huawei but not the higher-end ones. However, after federal government made claims against them I don't think VZW will work with them until their name is cleared. The oneplus is surprising. I was looking to grab one of those for the lady. She loves her Priv but works with animals and a PKB isn't the best option for her. Motion would have been nice but that train never came to town.

I just hope BBmo can continue to make VZW supported phones.
    08-20-18 02:42 PM
    There was a little more hope for a CDMA KEY2 LE....
    08-20-18 02:54 PM
    I just mean there isn't a definitive "no we are no longer working with CDMA phones." from BBmo or "We are not going to carry the KEY²" from VZW.

There were a few Huawei but not the higher-end ones. However, after federal government made claims against them I don't think VZW will work with them until their name is cleared. The oneplus is surprising. I was looking to grab one of those for the lady. She loves her Priv but works with animals and a PKB isn't the best option for her. Motion would have been nice but that train never came to town.

I just hope BBmo can continue to make VZW supported phones.
    The KEY² IS Verizon-ready. They just have to be convinced to activate it.
    08-20-18 03:00 PM
    There was a little more hope for a CDMA KEY2 LE....
    That's right.
    08-20-18 03:01 PM
    The KEY² IS Verizon-ready. They just have to be convinced to activate it.
    Ohhhhhh they being VZW or BBmo?
    08-20-18 03:01 PM
    It's all on Verizon.
    08-20-18 03:02 PM
    BBMo has be be convinced to pay for the testing and certification that Verizon requires. Or VZW has to be convinced to give up on all that testing and certification and just allow users to bring any phone they want.

So really either one or on some level both....
    08-20-18 03:04 PM
    It's all on Verizon.
    That's what I figured. So then I change my stance to VZW needs to come out and just say we will or we won't allow KEY²
    08-20-18 03:05 PM
    That's what I figured. So then I change my stance to VZW needs to come out and just say we will or we won't allow KEY²
    Well, if they don't, they don't.

I'm sure OnePlus is knocking on their door too.
    08-20-18 03:07 PM
    Well, if they don't, they don't.

I'm sure OnePlus is knocking on their door too.
    It's just a matter of when will VZW stop being so stingy.
    08-20-18 03:08 PM
    It's just a matter of when will VZW stop being so stingy.
    They would much rather sell you a phone directly.
    08-20-18 03:09 PM
    They would much rather sell you a phone directly.
    Which are iPhone, Samsung, Pixel at those independent stores.

The corporate stores will be the same and throw in a LG and Moto and that's it. Not much variety for the "largest" "best" network.

There has to be a petition on change.org to have verizon be truly BYOD
    08-20-18 03:13 PM
    Which are iPhone, Samsung, Pixel at those independent stores.

The corporate stores will be the same and throw in a LG and Moto and that's it. Not much variety for the "largest" "best" network.

There has to be a petition on change.org to have verizon be truly BYOD
    Why?

Simple fact is the limited selection is more a result of the consumers buying patterns than Carrier's trying to limit things. And while I wish VZW would allow more BYODs, I get why they don't.

The "others" in the US Smartphone Market (outside of Apple, Samsung, LG and Moto) fell 5% last quarter and is down to 13%. Choice isn't something very many are asking for...
    08-20-18 03:53 PM