I want to upload my ACT corporate database as I have in the past with all my previous blackberries.
    12-10-15 12:35 PM
    12-10-15 03:01 PM
    Software For BlackBerry Android USB and Tethering Drivers (Windows)*BlackBerry Android USB and Tethering Drivers (Windows) 4.2.0.117

These drivers support new BlackBerry Android devices, as well as all previous BlackBerry Smartphones and Tablets. Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
    No XP, so I guess the OP has to get on, at least, an OS from six years ago.

Unless it actually works with XP, in which case BlackBerry should fix their docs.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-10-15 03:57 PM
    No XP, so I guess the OP has to get on, at least, an OS from six years ago.

Unless it actually works with XP, in which case BlackBerry should fix their docs.
    Oops I did not notice they did not say XP in the description. Since MS themselves do not even support XP anymore BB is under no obligation to either. It's possible that the 32 bit Win 7 driver will work, that is pretty much your only hope that this point, and even that is wishful thinking.
    12-11-15 08:23 AM
    I would doubt that a Windows 7 driver would work with XP. I'm also worried that you're still storing any kind of corporate data on an XP system at this point OP.

Posted via CB10
    marshalayy and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-15 07:46 AM
    Windows xp!!!! Seriously!?!! Microsoft no longer supports xp..

Blackberry Z30
    12-12-15 09:13 AM
    Windows xp!!!! Seriously!?!! Microsoft no longer supports xp..

Blackberry Z30
    Unfortunately yes.

Windows XP support has ended - Microsoft Windows
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-15 09:16 AM
    Fixed that for you.
    pkcable and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-14-15 10:30 AM
    Fixed that for you.

It IS a 12 year old OS after all! lol It was pretty good in it's day, BUT lets face it, it's day has passed!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-15 10:56 AM
    It may be old, but it was and is the best OS Microsoft ever put out. There comes a point where no matter how good it is, or maybe because it is so good, that you can't make money from it anymore.

So, slap some new code and more junk on top of it, rename it, and wait for the checks to start coming in. And as soon as legally possible, stop supporting it, and, wala, more checks coming in.

Yeah, I know, this isn't the right forum, it's not even the right site, but I couldn't resist.

And while I'm saying things in the wrong place, is anybody ever going to tell me what Build AAD250 is all about?
    12-27-15 07:16 PM
    You don't really need someone to come to your residence for that, although Geek Squad is very convenient when they fix/install things in your home, just head down to any electronics store for something like that.

I'm assuming your phone carrier can't help you?

BBM @ 2C018E13
    12-27-15 07:26 PM
    It may be old, but it was and is the best OS Microsoft ever put out. There comes a point where no matter how good it is, or maybe because it is so good, that you can't make money from it anymore.

So, slap some new code and more junk on top of it, rename it, and wait for the checks to start coming in. And as soon as legally possible, stop supporting it, and, wala, more checks coming in.

Yeah, I know, this isn't the right forum, it's not even the right site, but I couldn't resist.

And while I'm saying things in the wrong place, is anybody ever going to tell me what Build AAD250 is all about?
    An OS that is not supported is practically useless. Its time to move on.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....wn-an-airport/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-27-15 07:30 PM
    I do industrial electronics, the overwhelming majority of the PLC software, will not run on anything newer than XP. A few, with established bases need MSDOS. My customers are not going to drop 100k to 1/4 mil because Microsoft doesn't support older stuff.

I do need to upgrade MY desktop though, and I hear 8.1 and 10 are fairly decent.

We're in wrong place for this discussion. AAD250, Anyone?
    12-27-15 08:17 PM
    My workplace still runs XP on the majority of the systems and most other offices I been to seem to jump between XP and 7. So it's still a very popular OS.. I can see why a business wouldn't want to use 8 or 10 tbh. Not exactly as professional as 7 for example.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    12-27-15 08:29 PM
    I do industrial electronics, the overwhelming majority of the PLC software, will not run on anything newer than XP. A few, with established bases need MSDOS. My customers are not going to drop 100k to 1/4 mil because Microsoft doesn't support older stuff.
    I deal with a lot of scientific equipment in the same situation, but since none of it ever needs a reason to touch the Internet, it can stay in place for as long as it needs to. For some equipment that does need network access, it's only granted local access. So long as anything with XP, or in a few cases Windows 2000, doesn't touch the outside Internet there's no reason to worry about it.

As for your laptop with XP: get that thing replaced as soon as you can and enjoy the benefits of a 64-bit OS, vastly improved hardware support, and all the convenience and security of a modern operating system.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 08:33 PM
    Hi, I am fully with all of you. Apart of my problem with connecting PRIV to W-XP, which does not want to recognize and open my BB PRIV, wanting endlessly any driver for XP - I simply MUST to stick on XP on my PCs, possibly for the rest of my life. I work with old videos, kept mostly on DVD-RAM discs and the latest SW for it from Panasonic had stopped to produce any upgrades with XP and Vista. And no other - even most sophisticated SWs is able to read the contents of DVD-RAM disc divaded into its separately recorded segments (and to work with them). Well, here we are really on the unproper platform as for the W-XP, nevertheless - I would like to connect my new nice PRIV to my (three) PCs on W-XP anyway. Does anybody have the solution? - I simply do not see it in My Computer among my discs. It wants me to bring some driver. Where to find it ? - Your BB friend from Prague.
    01-11-17 02:57 AM
    You're not going to find a driver since one was never written: XP had been end of life for quite awhile by the time the Priv was released.

For your Panasonic software, have you tried installing it on a newer operating system? I've been able to install plenty of old software on Windows 10 machines even if there's no official support. If the software was supported up to Vista it should work with Windows 7 since there isn't much difference between the two. The only thing to look out for is 16-bit code in very old software which will need a 32-bit version of Windows to run, which means the system won't be able to use more than 4 GB of RAM. If it works, you'll also have the ability to use your Priv with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 05:09 AM
    I too still have an WINDOWS XP SP3 PC machine and the PRIV. I already managed and was able to made connections with between the two devices via driver port USB support.

In my first time of using PRIV to make a connection with my current PC, It was hard to troubleshoot, then after trying and testing it of course, I was very happy and glad in the end. It paid off and my problem was solved.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 01-11-17 at 07:00 AM.
    01-11-17 06:41 AM
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have found a solution about how to install and configure MTP driver via BlackBerry Priv device on any PC with Windows OS version with transfer USB wire cable connection.

I know that many of you Priv users having issues with trying to set up the MTP driver correctly on your PC`s for making a transfer via USB cable connection.

Please follow the steps to troubleshoot of this manual / tutorial here below. I share this to you all BB Priv users.

Step One:

Go to How to install MTP driver for Windows XP-SP3. - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Step Two:

Attachment 401630

Step Three:

Attachment 401631

Step Four:

Attachment 401632

Step Five:

Attachment 401633

Step Six: [Final step as out come]

Attachment 401635

Attachment 401634

Attachment 401636

I'm still rocking my PC with MS Windows XP SP3 and I have toubleshooted and solved my issue for making a transfer USB cable connection between my BB Priv [Android MM 6.0.1] device and MS Windows XP SP3 PC. This trick should also work with newer versions of all other Microsoft Windows PC`s products.

Let me know if the trick works to you all folks. Let us hope and pray for good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 06:48 AM
    I think some of you missed the other MTP driver. The official, essential MTP driver from Microsoft itself which is also important that you must have that type of file in your OS Windows Version PC installed.

Go to the official website of Microsoft and search + locate for the latest version MTP driver for all Windows OS versions (XP,Vista,7,8, 8.1,10). This is the driver which basically can detect any Android devices.

Once you have found it, download the file, run the setup and install the MTP driver from the official MS website. When you're done installing the MTP driver, confirm it and restart your PC.

After restarting your PC and log on into your Windows Version, run the setup file and install the USB driver for BB Priv from BlackBerry Official Website, comfirm it and restart your PC again. After restarting your PC and log on into your Windows Version for the second time, try to make a connection via USB cable. If the issue via Windows Device Manager still occurs, use then the guide and previous posts that I already had explained in details earlier, follow the steps to troubleshoot and read it carefully.

After troubleshooting, the configuration should be done and set correctly and the both MTP drivers (One from the official Microsoft website and the USB driver from BlackBerry official website) are perfectly installed in your PC. Finally you can now use your Priv device and PC to make a USB cable connection. It should detect now on both sides.

Download link for the MTP driver for all OS Windows versions for PC from the official Microsoft. See here below.

Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=19153

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 01-11-17 at 07:08 AM.
    01-11-17 06:51 AM
    In some cases.. it's nessesary for other users. That's why MTP driver from Microsoft is important if people wants to start troubleshooting. So therefore you've to install it on your PC's.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 06:54 AM
    Link not working
    04-19-18 03:46 AM
    Working for me!
    04-24-18 03:20 PM
    Wow, this really works with my KeyOne, outstanding!
    Goed werk, Ginowine! Hartelijk bedankt!
    03-23-19 04:51 PM