Lately I got a R957 from a friend, including its dock and AC charger which are all functional. However after hours of searching, I can't find a proper version of Desktop Software and driver that supports such an old device. I running Windows 7 64bit on a laptop which does not have RS-232 port. Connection is done via an USB-to-RS-232 cable.

Please help!
    02-15-17 11:25 AM
    Lately I got a R957 from a friend, including its dock and AC charger which are all functional. However after hours of searching, I can't find a proper version of Desktop Software and driver that supports such an old device. I running Windows 7 64bit on a laptop which does not have RS-232 port. Connection is done via an USB-to-RS-232 cable.

Please help!
    See:
    How to connect old Blackberry R957-M2-5 to computer? Thanks for help. - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    and
    Rim Blackberry R957 - Email Q - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    Basically, you will need to find the older 4.1 version of Desktop Manager and 2.0~2.7 version of BlackBerry Handheld Software.
    Those aren't visible in BlackBerry's current download site anymore. EDIT: The BlackBerry Handheld Software is, but not the Desktop Manager version.
    Be advised that even if you get it up and running, there will be likely no network or carrier you can use it on as it isn't a GSM or CDMA device.
    Cool!

You just want to play around with it, or you wanting to really use it? (doubt you'll get any network connection at this point)

957 predates CrackBerry, and while thurask did have a desktop software archive... I'm not sure he went back anywhere near that far.

Maybe someone has one in a box somewhere and still has the software CD and will post it up. But you'll probably need an older rig to run it....
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-15-17 11:38 AM
    Neat! Here it is (I suppose it's the BlackBerry software 2.7): https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    The "only" issue here is that the USB drivers will most probably not be compatible. If the software even runs (I doubt it, especially on an x64 OS). In my opinion, the only right OS environment is a x86 Windows XP (or Windows 98, if you prefer): you could try using Virtual Box or the Microsoft XP Mode built-in in Windows 7 Professional.
    Of course that BlackBerry won't be able to connect to any modern network (Mobitext doesn't exist anymore).
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-15-17 11:39 AM

Please help!
    See:
    How to connect old Blackberry R957-M2-5 to computer? Thanks for help. - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    and
    Rim Blackberry R957 - Email Q - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    Basically, you will need to find the older 4.1 version of Desktop Manager and 2.0~2.7 version of BlackBerry Handheld Software.
    Those aren't visible in BlackBerry's current download site anymore. EDIT: The BlackBerry Handheld Software is, but not the Desktop Manager version.
    Be advised that even if you get it up and running, there will be likely no network or carrier you can use it on as it isn't a GSM or CDMA device.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-15-17 11:42 AM
    I couldn't find but the 4.5 Desktop Manager, could it still work? https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...4E747D1FA6CFF9
    The 4.1 must definitely still exist on RIM's servers, but there's no way to access it.
    02-15-17 11:54 AM