Ive drowned my Classic, but the mainboard is still alive!(BB Link recognized the device and i was able to browse thru all content in the device, as well as copy stuff etc. unfortunately, some minerals in the liquid had caused, that the LCD connector socket got glued together(male and female) and when i was dissasembling the device, few pins from female got ripped off and got stuck on the male socket, therefore LCD screen doesnt display correctly(it glows black only). There is official BB shop here in Prague, but they didnt know, where to get this socket, neither they didnt have any "broken" mainboard, from which i would be able to unsolder this socket, and put it into my device. nevertheless theyve sent me to company specialized on soldering these small parts and they also didnt know where to get this socket for BB Classic. BlackBerryHelp on twitter said, that they dont know. So far nobody knows....Is there someone who actually knows??? i would be very gratefull. thank you
    04-05-17 03:02 PM
    So far nobody knows....Is there someone who actually knows??? i would be very gratefull. thank you
    You can try sourcing the larger parent component and salvaging the rest of it for future repairs...
    https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...assic-q20.html
    04-05-17 07:38 PM
    Ive drowned my Classic, but the mainboard is still alive!(BB Link recognized the device and i was able to browse thru all content in the device, as well as copy stuff etc. unfortunately, some minerals in the liquid had caused, that the LCD connector socket got glued together(male and female) and when i was dissasembling the device, few pins from female got ripped off and got stuck on the male socket, therefore LCD screen doesnt display correctly(it glows black only). There is official BB shop here in Prague, but they didnt know, where to get this socket, neither they didnt have any "broken" mainboard, from which i would be able to unsolder this socket, and put it into my device. nevertheless theyve sent me to company specialized on soldering these small parts and they also didnt know where to get this socket for BB Classic. BlackBerryHelp on twitter said, that they dont know. So far nobody knows....Is there someone who actually knows??? i would be very gratefull. thank you
    since its not a commonly sought after part you arent likely going to find this individual part online, but as the other poster said etradesupply or find a broken unti is your best bet, and ive had issues with micro solders on bb mainboards, your likelihood of repairing solder on those mainboards is slim.
    04-05-17 08:01 PM
    Thank you for your replies, this is quite sad story....anyway i found a way ho tu use the Classic without LCD, there is a reduction cable from micro USB to HDMI, so i can use the device as a mini computer. sincerely bayo
    04-05-17 08:04 PM
    Thank you for your replies, this is quite sad story....anyway i found a way ho tu use the Classic without LCD, there is a reduction cable from micro USB to HDMI, so i can use the device as a mini computer. sincerely bayo
    Very sad indeed. The classic was probably my favorite bb10 device.
    04-08-17 10:41 AM
    Have you tried contacting BlackBerry support?
    Here are the details. Via them got my Passport SE fixed.

where can i buy spare LCD connector socket(female) for BB Classic?-img_20170408_173340.png

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    04-08-17 11:36 AM
    Didnt, Will give it a try. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 03:21 AM