will blackberry open up kiosks in Malls just like Apple ? We really need it in Toronto and gta ?
    01-24-17 12:54 PM
    There is no release date as yet. Nor is there a confirmation of how the device will be made available. It will most likely be available online from a couple of sources. It may be available from some carriers. It is almost 100% certain that you will not see it available in any BlackBerry-branded kiosks in the GTA.

Any news will be posted on the CB front page and also within the "Mercury" forums here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-mercury-f445/
    01-24-17 01:21 PM
    It will be released when it is. No clue what plans they have regarding kiosks and such.
    01-24-17 01:21 PM
    First...Mercury will be shown and specs will be released as has been stated by BlackBerry on Feb 25th prior to MWC. MWC then runs Feb 27 - Mar 2. Articles say the Mercury will be available in March following MWC. That doesn't actually define a date. If phones are to be "in the users hands in March" my OPINION is a pre-sale beginning during MWC after the full scale introduction with shipments starting to hit users by Mid-March. I'd be really surprised if pre-sale didn't start by the end of MWC for direct purchase at least. No telling with carriers as nobody knows who is on board and who isn't (speaking about US, that is). Again just my OPINION.

There largest BUZZ about this device across the board will be during the days between Feb 25 and March 2. BlackBerry must take advantage of the coverage and free marketing and get the device available before the potential NEW BlackBerry buyers forget all about it. To me this is a phone that people will pay to get regardless of waiting for the NEXT iPhone or Galaxy. If positioned right, and yes I'm a dreamer this should get everyone who has ever had a BlackBerry with a Keyboard whether BBOS or BB10 excited. Not PRIV excitement, real excitement.

BlackBerry has a "Pop Up" Store in NYC in Brookfield Place near the "World Trade Center". It's a very eclectic shopping plaza with stores, restaurants, and business offices. They currently carry:

Classic
    Passport
    Passport SE
    PRIV
    DTEK50
    DTEK60

All are unlocked. I've never been there and haven't been able to determine if there is actually a sales person there or if it's just a like a vending machine with unlocked devices? Pick a phone, swipe your credit card, and down comes your phone.
    01-29-17 11:58 AM
    One analyst estimated that Blackberry would make $10 to $20 per handset from the licensing. That, alone, hardly merits setting up physical sales locations. There is more to be made by being the retailer but they need to decide whether they want to enter the retail smartphone sales business featuring only one brand of phone and competing with every other smartphone retailer out there including carrier stores, big box stores, electronics stores, supermakets, etc.
    01-29-17 12:17 PM