Since whatsapp will not from 31 Dec, is Vienna launch before that? I dont think I can do without a qwerty or whatsapp, hence I need a Vienna!!
    10-06-16 07:03 AM
    At the moment the Vienna/Rome/Mercury... is in a holding pattern. The CEO is deciding to shutdown all hardware, before or after it's release. But if it comes, expect it to be well after the WhatsApp shutdown (if that happens as promised).

If you really, really need a PKB phone... might want to pickup a PRIV.
    10-06-16 07:09 AM
    Since whatsapp will not from 31 Dec, is Vienna launch before that? I dont think I can do without a qwerty or whatsapp, hence I need a Vienna!!
    It won't launch before 31st December

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-06-16 07:36 AM
    At the moment the Vienna/Rome/Mercury... is in a holding pattern. The CEO is deciding to shutdown all hardware, before or after it's release. But if it comes, expect it to be well after the WhatsApp shutdown (if that happens as promised).

If you really, really need a PKB phone... might want to pickup a PRIV.
    This is all I'll point your attention towards

When is Vienna launching?-img_20161006_180712.png

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-06-16 07:37 AM
    This is all I'll point your attention towards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161006_180712.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	409631

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Seen it.... that could also mean that within six months that their Indonesian licensee releases a device in that one market. Also seen that it might not be over for BB10. These guys are throwing out all sorts of stuff.

I still take what Chen said in the Earning Report as a truer indication of what they will be doing....
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-06-16 08:56 AM
    Seen it.... that could also mean that within six months that their Indonesian licensee releases a device in that one market. Also seen that it might not be over for BB10. These guys are throwing out all sorts of stuff.

I still take what Chen said in the Earning Report as a truer indication of what they will be doing....
    It's most certain it's not a phone out of the Indonesian JV
    Because he also mentions that they are already showing it to carriers
    Plus BlackBerry won't be involved with the designing of the Indonesian JV
    He also clearly states designed by BlackBerry
    Right now even I wouldn't expect too much out of the whole BB10 comment.
    But I'd say we can be 99.99% sure the PKB phone is coming out in the Jan-Feb time frame

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-06-16 10:59 AM

That is a different looking keyboard.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-06-16 01:10 PM
    That is a different looking keyboard.

I believe that's an image of a VKB.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 01:56 PM

I'm the opposite, i take whatever other execs at BlackBerry says as truer then anything Chen spews out. He is the one who has to do multiple damage control interviews every time he talks. It's coming and it will be within the 6 months.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 02:15 PM
    I'm the opposite, i take whatever other execs at BlackBerry says as truer then anything Chen spews out. He is the one who has to do multiple damage control interviews every time he talks. It's coming and it will be within the 6 months.

Chen's interview are different from his speaking directly to investors... there is a different "standard" of truthfulness required.

But if you listen to what all his subordinates have said... it's actually nothing. A lot of maybe and possible is mixed in with what they say.... if they know something, they know it.

Too be honest I don't know what they will or won't do. Chen told investors they were getting out of the hardware design and distribution business, and that from now on they would strictly be IP seller. At one point he started to say that they might distribute the Indonesian hardware to other markets... someone spoke to him, he then said that they would not be doing that.

Now later he told someone he had the PKB phone on his desk and didn't know if "they" would release it or not.... but the "THEY" might have not been BlackBerry but whoever he is hoping to License the BlackBerry brand too. BlackBerry had to write off another $100 Million dollars on hardware this quarter... unless the DTEK50 and DTEK60 sell like gang busters, don't see Chen allowing the company to loses anymore on hardware.
    10-06-16 03:53 PM
    I believe that's an image of a VKB.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, that is certainly a different looking keyboard.

Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-06-16 04:06 PM
    Chen's interview are different from his speaking directly to investors... there is a different "standard" of truthfulness required.

But if you listen to what all his subordinates have said... it's actually nothing. A lot of maybe and possible is mixed in with what they say.... if they know something, they know it.

Too be honest I don't know what they will or won't do. Chen told investors they were getting out of the hardware design and distribution business, and that from now on they would strictly be IP seller. At one point he started to say that they might distribute the Indonesian hardware to other markets... someone spoke to him, he then said that they would not be doing that.

Now later he told someone he had the PKB phone on his desk and didn't know if "they" would release it or not.... but the "THEY" might have not been BlackBerry but whoever he is hoping to License the BlackBerry brand too. BlackBerry had to write off another $100 Million dollars on hardware this quarter... unless the DTEK50 and DTEK60 sell like gang busters, don't see Chen allowing the company to loses anymore on hardware.
    Exactly my point. Mixed messages every single time. He had confirmed the PKB device prior to this. He also didn't explain what his plan is for hardware which according to him still needs to be there to deliver his software. He didn't explain any of this at the earnings calls. Only to later have write posts and do interviews saying there will still be BlackBerry branded hardware and that this move is to shift those hardware costs to companies that may be better suited to handle those risks. He should never speak in public ever. That's my view point on it.

10-06-16 04:54 PM
    Exactly my point. Mixed messages every single time. He had confirmed the PKB device prior to this. He also didn't explain what his plan is for hardware which according to him still needs to be there to deliver his software. He didn't explain any of this at the earnings calls. Only to later have write posts and do interviews saying there will still be BlackBerry branded hardware and that this move is to shift those hardware costs to companies that may be better suited to handle those risks. He should never speak in public ever. That's my view point on it.

He also in the past said if they didn't make money, they would get out of hardware in September. You seem to be grasping at single statements that you want to hear, and not listening to the whole narrative.

Chen said they are getting out of hardware, going forward it will be a licensing only endeavor for them. But their hopes are that at least in some markets there will be future BlackBerry branded hardware.

I know everyone wants a clear picture of the future... well 1) I doubt BlackBerry knows from week to week, things change. 2) Being clear about BB10, and BlackBerry Android... might hurt sales now. 3) There is always a chance...

You can hope, but don't get mad if things get worse... you only fooled yourself.
    10-07-16 07:18 AM
    He also in the past said if they didn't make money, they would get out of hardware in September. You seem to be grasping at single statements that you want to hear, and not listening to the whole narrative.

Chen said they are getting out of hardware, going forward it will be a licensing only endeavor for them. But their hopes are that at least in some markets there will be future BlackBerry branded hardware.

I know everyone wants a clear picture of the future... well 1) I doubt BlackBerry knows from week to week, things change. 2) Being clear about BB10, and BlackBerry Android... might hurt sales now. 3) There is always a chance...

You can hope, but don't get mad if things get worse... you only fooled yourself.
    What are you talking about? When did i say anything about hoping for BB10 or anything you referred to? And if Chen simply wants the message to be that he is getting out of hardware then why the week of damage control interviews, tweets and posts to proclaim "there will be BlackBerry branded devices" (and yes i know, made by someone else if they choose to licence) . He has never given a consistent message on anything.

10-07-16 07:54 AM