I want to know when blackberry will give android update and a stable camera update for evovle please
    04-17-19 07:53 AM
    Sorry, no one here knows....

My guess is this summer, probable after the KEY2 get PIE.....

Unless sales of the Evolve weren't enough to justify them (Optiemus) supporting it long term....

If I were you, I'd contact Optiemus on any social media accounts they have....
    04-17-19 08:25 AM
    Right after the EvolveX is released would be my guess. That’s somewhere between now and never based on the Aurora from another licensee.

Optiemus hasn’t been very transparent but perhaps someone else has better information. Did their KEYone get Oreo upgrade from Nougat ever?
    04-17-19 08:26 AM
    Right after the EvolveX is released would be my guess. That’s somewhere between now and never based on the Aurora from another licensee.

Optiemus hasn’t been very transparent but perhaps someone else has better information. Did their KEYone get Oreo upgrade from Nougat ever?
    Yes it got upgraded.... But TCL pretty much handled the heavy lifting in that case, as they are still TCL devices assembled and overseen by Optiemus.

And Optiemus did have two (at that time) new phones being "launched". So making a good impression was a part of marketing.

AFAIK, TCL had nothing to do with the Evolve(s)... it would be all on Optiemus and their own update team (if they even have one - they are a distributor), to finalize what BlackBerry provides them.
    04-17-19 09:19 AM
    IMO never and the same goes for the K2.
    04-17-19 10:00 AM
    Depends... again TCL will be doing most the work.

If all comes down to if Optiemus see future profits in releasing updates... or if contractually TCL protected themselves (and the Brand) with making Optiemus required to provide certain updates.

We don't know Optiemus or BBMo sales numbers, so really no way to judge... other than the vacuum they are leaving.
    04-17-19 10:09 AM
    Depends... again TCL will be doing most the work.

If all comes down to if Optiemus see future profits in releasing updates... or if contractually TCL protected themselves (and the Brand) with making Optiemus required to provide certain updates.

We don't know Optiemus or BBMo sales numbers, so really no way to judge... other than the vacuum they are leaving.
    I am personally done speculating. I reduced my expectations to zero.

But thanks for the candid reply
    04-17-19 10:15 AM
    Seems pretty gloomy, particularly when BBMo has maintained 96% of its devices within 60 days of patching, and 66% of its devices within 30days.

Seems like a decent track record to me - particularly so as this is not a straight forward Android One implementation.

Not to mention the Motion and KEYᵒⁿᵉ got Oreo as promised.
    04-17-19 10:17 AM
    Seems pretty gloomy, particularly when BBMo has maintained 96% of its devices within 60 days of patching, and 66% of its devices within 30days.

Seems like a decent track record to me.

Not to mention the Motion and KEYᵒⁿᵉ got Oreo as promised.
    I know - the facts probably point otherwise. I am just jaded about putting so much time & effort into this hobby of mine only to get very little results that mean anything...so to me, it's all one big "if/maybe/we'll see" that seem to be wasting more & more of my time and provide nothing new really....feels like chasing winds....
    04-17-19 10:22 AM
    I know - the facts probably point otherwise. I am just jaded about putting so much time & effort into this hobby of mine only to get very little results that mean anything...so to me, it's all one big "if/maybe/we'll see" that seem to be wasting more & more of my time and provide nothing new really....feels like chasing winds....
    I'm sure you'd be the first to admit that 95% of your effort on the pkb-sensitvity file has been spinning wheels.

If it were me, I would have just sent in my bug report, followed through as required, and posted a suggestion for others to do the same.

They either didn't receive enough complaints and/or it was too difficult to retro-fix.
    04-17-19 10:32 AM
    I'm sure you'd be the first to admit that 95% of your effort on the pkb-sensitvity file has been spinning wheels.

If it were me, I would have just sent in my bug report, followed through as required, and posted a suggestion for others to do the same.

They either didn't receive enough complaints and/or it was too difficult to retro-fix.
    I hear you. Trust me, I have done everything I can under the sun as a customer. It doesn't change the fact that I feel robbed of my hard earned money. If they can't fix it that's fine, I respect it but I also want my money back, which was made clear to me I will never get. I even offered to be downgraded to a K1 (yes, that's how much I can't stand this bug) only to be met with refusals....man if I treated my customers half as bad I wouldn't be in business, let alone the letters I would be getting from random lawyers I don't know....

But that's not everything....its just one disappointment over many:

Why is the launcher not getting updated already? Why do we not see BBM in the Productivity Tab which BTW require a design overhaul as well?

I can give many more examples but this is already getting off thread topic...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-17-19 10:51 AM

Why is the launcher not getting updated already? Why do we not see BBM in the Productivity Tab which BTW require a design overhaul as well?

Well, now we're talking about BlackBerry. But I like the Launcher as it is, so it's not a question of right or wrong - it's simply preference.
    04-17-19 10:57 AM

Yeah I taught you were talking about India still and updates for the Indian KEY2....
    04-17-19 10:57 AM
    Well, now we're talking about BlackBerry. But I like the Launcher as it is, so it's not a question of right or wrong - it's simply preference.
    As far as I understand software is BlackBerry and we are told that the keyboard should be fixed with a software update...nevertheless, how convenient...
    04-17-19 10:59 AM
    As far as I understand software is BlackBerry and we are told that the keyboard should be fixed with a software update...nevertheless, how convenient...
    I thought we were originally discussing both updates for the KEY² and BBMo support.

Although BlackBerry supplies OS updates when paid to do so, the responsibility belongs to BBMo.

The keyboard APIs would be all BBMo - it's their hardware.
    04-17-19 11:01 AM
    I thought we were originally discussing both updates for the KEY² and BBMo support. Although BlackBerry supplies it when paid to do so, the responsibility belongs to BBMo.
    I purchased the device from BlackBerry Mobile, reported the bug to BlackBerry Mobile, worked with their CSR to have it resolved to no avail and resigned to give up after I was refused a return & refund...mind you, I didn't knowingly purchase a defective experience, it was forced on me by disallowing a return = my money was taken in exchange for less than advertised. Sound fair to you?

If I buy a car from Toyota and some malfunctioning part is made by their vendor I am still dealing with Toyota and not their vendor...

Same thing here, BlackBerry Mobile is responsible to deliver OS updates as well as resolve any customer service matters, even software related. We, the customers, shouldn't really be involved in their dealings with BlackBerry but sometimes we are forced to as we desperately chase information.

By the way, in previous posts you asked me to address other parts of your posts which I did when I was made aware of my ignorance. Why can I not receive the same loving treatment?
    04-17-19 11:11 AM
    I purchased the device from BlackBerry Mobile, reported the bug to BlackBerry Mobile, worked with their CSR to have it resolved to no avail and resigned to give up after I was refused a return & refund...mind you, I didn't knowingly purchase a defective experience, it was forced on me by disallowing a return = my money was taken in exchange for less than advertised. Sound fair to you?

If I buy a car from Toyota and some malfunctioning part is made by their vendor I am still dealing with Toyota and not their vendor...

Same thing here, BlackBerry Mobile is responsible to deliver OS updates as well as resolve any customer service matters, even software related. We, the customers, shouldn't really be involved in their dealings with BlackBerry but sometimes we are forced to as we desperately chase information.

By the way, in previous posts you asked me to address other parts of your posts which I did when I was made aware of my ignorance. Why can I not receive the same loving treatment?
    Agreed 100% with respect to BBMo being the responsible party. I didn't refute that.

The app suite is BlackBerry though. BBMo includes it for free, but you are free to disable it if you wish (as many do), and it is not required for the phone to function.

What part of your post did I not answer?
    04-17-19 11:14 AM
    Agreed 100% with respect to BBMo being the responsible party. I didn't refute that.

What part of your post did I not answer?
    The one that speaks to how I feel as a customer.
    04-17-19 11:17 AM
    The one that speaks to how I feel as a customer.
    You mean the fact that you feel jaded for putting in all of the effort, and being upset that they didn't return your money or exchange for a KEYᵒⁿᵉ?

Well, I don't really have much to say about that. You feel how you feel.
    04-17-19 11:21 AM
    You mean the fact that you feel jaded for putting in all of the effort, and being upset that they didn't return your money or exchange for a KEYᵒⁿᵉ?

Well, I don't really have much to say about that. You feel how you feel.
    Forget the "feeling" aspect. Is it right to treat customers this way?
    04-17-19 11:24 AM
    Forget the "feeling" aspect. Is it right to treat customers this way?
    Well, that's beyond my pay grade (which is zero, lol).

I don't know what the industry-acceptable margin of error would be for a capacitive swipe gesture on a mobile physical keyboard, so I don't know what their legal obligations are.
    04-17-19 11:26 AM
    Well, that's beyond my pay grade (which is zero, lol).

I don't know what the industry-acceptable margin of error would be for a capacitive swipe gesture on a mobile physical keyboard, so I don't know what their legal obligations are.
    Well that's going to push this already off-topic discussion into a new territory which is why I gave up and lowered my expectations to zero for all things BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile as I mentioned earlier.

There is only one word that come to mind: sucks!
    04-17-19 11:30 AM
    Well that's going to push this already off-topic discussion into a new territory which is why I gave up and lowered my expectations to zero for all things BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile as I mentioned earlier.

There is only one word that come to mind: sucks!
    Understood.

But I wouldn't associate the ability to get out security patches and updates (topic of thread) with trying to fix a very specific hardware issue (that may in fact be unfixable).
    04-17-19 11:38 AM
    Understood.

But I wouldn't associate the ability to get out security patches and updates (topic of thread) with trying to fix a very specific hardware issue.
    Mehh...its all one big bowl of stale oat meal...
    conite likes this.
    04-17-19 11:39 AM
    Mehh...its all one big bowl of stale oat meal...
    From my simple perspective, your expectations of BBMo are rather high. They're not BB, good or bad, since BB, essentially shuttered the mobile business without fully emphasizing the shutdown closure.

The BB experience for me, always required carrier devices for any customer service as BB never struck me as consumer friendly beginning with the first BB I carried without corporate level account in 2005 time-frame. Until now, I still purchase carrier devices and severely lower my expectations regarding factory unlocked devices. All BBMo did was agree to BB onerous licensing terms, good or bad.

Using the car analogy, this arrangement goes far beyond any re-badged cars like Chrysler sold from a known entity. Literally, this would be the equivalent of buying some unknown Asian manufacturer car, never imported before, without any dealer infrastructure, licensing some defunct American brand, then complain not up to our standards, while they're offering features/benefits only they offer.

Nobody forced you to purchase the device and you could have used some other valid reason to return device. You chose to battle them on your position which isn't shared by everyone and you gave BBMo an out to refuse your refund.

This isn't meant to be argumentative, but more illustrative. Returning merchandise for valid reasons is more effective as it costs OEM real money. That leaves consumers free to spend that money elsewhere more or less deserving. The reality is only BBMo knows actual truth and possesses the real data. They're running the business their way since they've paid for that luxury.

The best mass produced PKB hardware...
    04-17-19 01:30 PM
45 12