I know core features like phone and messaging will work, but what about Assistant, BBM, Web Browsing? And will I need to use Facebook on the browser?
    04-21-17 05:38 PM
    Web browsing will just slowly deteriorate. Many many millions of webpages change each day. Those millions of pages are generally not tested with the BB10 browser. The browser itself won't be updated.

So over time the web and the BB10 browser will drift apart and the browser will work properly with a smaller and smaller percentage of sites.

Good news is this won't just happen overnight. Bad news is this gradual process has already started.
    04-21-17 05:57 PM
    Well the web browser on BB10 is already struggling. It used to be amongst the fastest out there.

I don't know what kind of deal BB has for the assistant but whenever it runs out it won't work anymore. Same with maps.

Facebook doesn't work anymore... the app had been pulled
    04-21-17 06:12 PM
    So why does BB0S7 work and BB10 won't?
    04-21-17 07:47 PM
    I know core features like phone and messaging will work, but what about Assistant, BBM, Web Browsing? And will I need to use Facebook on the browser?
    Welcome to Crackberry and thanks for the question

When a device reaches 'end of life' this does not mean overnight the phone suddenly dies. You can still use BBM, you can still make phone calls and can use the browser for Facebook ect. It just means no more updates.

Even the assistant will continue to work. I have a BBOS 5 device that still works. While the browser isn't very good, it's still able to load most things
    04-22-17 12:25 AM
    Thank you! I'm buying a Q10 today!
    04-22-17 09:37 AM
    I'm using my z10 as a desktop clock. Hopefully that'll work for years to come. Lol
    04-22-17 09:40 AM
    Thank you! I'm buying a Q10 today!
    Glad to have you join the BlackBerry 10 team.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-22-17 06:45 PM
    I'm using my z10 as a desktop clock. Hopefully that'll work for years to come. Lol
    That's actually a feature I miss a lot since moving on to the iPhone. I loved the red clock... didn't glare too much that it would wake me up
    04-22-17 08:18 PM
    In these whole debates about BB10 getting its' last rites, I find some irony in how post-RIM defines itself as a Software company. To me it was always a Software company. With Hardware being an extension of that software. Good hardware I might add ... including an under-rated Blackberry Passport.

BB10 has its' merits. Its' similarities. It has that synergy that made webOS so functional. As software goes, it still has merit. It's certainly great on a Passport - despite its' age.

No doubt the lack of better direction from BB put BB10/Hardware into a free fall, producing today's Plan B - a Software company. Which I always thought it was.

Like I think about winning a lottery, I also think Blackberry will some day realize what they have, and know that as hardware comes and goes, it is software that makes Financial Giants become so. And try as we might to place innovation always at the top, it is that Bottom Line philosophy that calls the shot. HP showed this to perfection with their demo of webOS. A big company with the capacity to go all in, unlike RIM, figured out a way to screw it up too. They lost the balls that make upstarts the trending gang.

As this lottery thought continues ... I still imagine BB10 as functional. Even while Blackberry branches off in other software directions - a somewhat vital component to its good health. For the most part, Blackberry should have been more than just BB10 and hardware. And while Blackberry may be reinforcing itself through Android's lifestyle, it is the software that Blackberry has to remember is why it is still here. And it has to realize that this Android Plan B is great for recovery, it will not take them to the promised land. There are too many Titans in the Android world. This plan has Blackberry not making the hardware - which it did well (Passport user bias aside). And it's not really making the software ... more adapting parts to make a "Blackberry experience". A Blackberry experience that came from BB10.

Blackberry may for all intents purposes become like Trump. Selling his name, and taking everything else for a wild ride. There is a part of me that thinks Blackberry doesn't quite know what to do with itself. It is stuck between being an Android induced, ghost writing hardware entity, and a software Giant that has slipped into the stream of "Remember me"s. Obviously post-RIM is more orientated towards the former (Android phones), and its new found Software direction. But it has to remember that it wasn't the package, it was the packaging that was in error.
    Last edited by Lansing2002; 04-24-17 at 10:21 PM.
    04-22-17 10:45 PM
    Blackberry may for all intents purposes become like Trump. Selling his name, and taking everything else for a wild ride.
    Take a look at his First 100 Days ad which was banned by CNN.
    We are indeed on a wild ride at this moment in history.

When BB10 reaches EOL I'll still be carrying my Bold ; )
    05-02-17 07:24 PM