Hello, since a couple months I can't upload pictures nor videos to Whatsapp anymore (voice messaging works). I am using the latest Whatsapp version from the Google Play Store via Snap. I can upload pictures/videos on Threema/Telegram, though. Uploading pictures via Whatsapp Web works as well. Did anybody experience a similar problem lately?
    08-02-16 02:19 PM
    Yeah that is one of the known issues with using the Android version of Whatsapp on BB10.

For now I think the best experience is to use the app from BlackBerry world.... for as long as you can (probably Dec 31st).

At that point hope there is a resolution, live with the limitations or find a new platform.
    08-02-16 03:19 PM
    Hello, since a couple months I can't upload pictures nor videos to Whatsapp anymore (voice messaging works). I am using the latest Whatsapp version from the Google Play Store via Snap. I can upload pictures/videos on Threema/Telegram, though. Uploading pictures via Whatsapp Web works as well. Did anybody experience a similar problem lately?
    If your using the Android WhatsApp on the BlackBerry 10 runtime and would like to send media files, you need to install WAA fixer from Cellninja via the Beta Zone app.

The issue is described in detail in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1066864

The reason why media files fail with the new Android WhatsApp:‎

Sending media via Android WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 fails because of an important difference between real Android and BlackBerry's Android Runtime. When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on Android, that file is no longer owned by the application. It has a public user ID and permissions associated with it. When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on BlackBerry 10's Android Runtime, the file is created with the application's user ID. When you send media in WhatsApp for Android, the application checks to ensure that you're *not* sending a file with the app's user ID, for security purposes. Thus, this check always fails on the Android Runtime. (even if the file originated from outside the app, the app first creates a copy of it, so the check on that copy will still fail.) In other words, you'll continue to have this problem unless the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime's behavior is fixed/changed.
    And the solution:

Thanks to @dkonigsberg_wa explanation, I was able to find a way to send images (and possibly any media file) with WhatsApp for Android. I'll try to bake a free app with the hack in the upcoming days/weeks. -Roger (CellNinja) Attachment 403621
    08-02-16 04:06 PM