It would be awesome if blend also integrates with third party apps or just whatsapp. Whatsapp on pc(just through blend) will make a huge number of guys to switch onto BlackBerry 10.
    Write your thoughts about it guys.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    12-26-14 10:11 AM
    12-26-14 11:33 AM
    Negative!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:05 PM
    I don't know why you guys said no.
    It will be convenient to have what's app or other third party messaging system in blend.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niumxp; 12-26-14 at 12:55 PM.
    12-26-14 12:08 PM
    The anti-whatsapp vibe is strong. Smh

BB9700, 9790, Q10.2.1.3062
    12-26-14 12:12 PM
    I agree. I want to have in Blend everything I have on the Hub. WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn...

Otherwise it is not a complete application.

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    12-26-14 12:12 PM
    Though am anti whatsapp, but getting everything from hub to pc, including whatsapp, facebook, instagram etc... is a feature that will definitely grab attention of many, especially heavy texters, and social media gurus .

This if implemented properly would ignite interest in BlackBerry devices. Social media, and communication through ims have become vital to many businesses and should be in the "niche" target BlackBerry is going for.

Dunno these are only my thoughts on the issue.

Passport Powered
    12-26-14 12:26 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:31 PM
    Haven't try blend yet, still awaiting for official 10.3.1

And all these times I thougt every app are usuable in blend -___-

No? Then what apps will work on blend?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:32 PM
    or maybe a light version of blend (bbm only) for non blackberry users.... bringing BBM to the desktop for all.

It will also help others keep up with your speed while you're on your computer.
    12-26-14 12:47 PM
    Haven't try blend yet, still awaiting for official 10.3.1

And all these times I thougt every app are usuable in blend -___-

No? Then what apps will work on blend?

Posted via CB10
    Mail, calendar, contacts, BBM, SMS and files in the device (or accessible via Link and/or Box).

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    12-26-14 12:51 PM
    I was a heavy WA user. Now I use BBM a lot. Love BLEND.
    WA with Blend? hmmm I dont care
    But for some people this would be huge....but they should turn their friends into BBM :P
    12-26-14 12:58 PM
    Mail, calendar, contacts, BBM, SMS and files in the device (or accessible via Link and/or Box).

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    Mail would be useless for me, since, if I'm in front of my laptop, that's mean, my outlook is on, but it's useful if I could use it on my tab (rarely use it though)

Calender - not really using it

Bbm - only few friends contact me using bbm, can we read status and channel as well? And is it full screen?

Sms - not using sms anymore nowadays

Files in devices? Can we copy paste or transfer files from handset to our computer?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:59 PM
    People who are against 3rd parties getting access to Blend are crazy, it would be glorious to have all of the same accounts as in my hub reproduced in Blend. Hopefully there will be APIs released asap to accommodate that level of integration for developers.
    12-26-14 01:21 PM
    Mail would be useless for me, since, if I'm in front of my laptop, that's mean, my outlook is on, but it's useful if I could use it on my tab (rarely use it though)

Calender - not really using it

Bbm - only few friends contact me using bbm, can we read status and channel as well? And is it full screen?

Sms - not using sms anymore nowadays

Files in devices? Can we copy paste or transfer files from handset to our computer?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can read BBM channels from Blend, and it is full screen.

You can move files to and from the BlackBerry with Blend file manager.

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    12-26-14 01:22 PM
    It's ok, Whatsapp is already developing their own QR-involving web_based desktop chat client. No need to wait around in hopes that BlackBerry decides to actually get around to do things for non-enterprise users.

In any case, at the moment Blend is too sluggish for real-time back and forth chats. I doubt Whatsapp would be satisfied with the performance.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:27 PM
    Yes, you can read BBM channels from Blend, and it is full screen.

You can move files to and from the BlackBerry with Blend file manager.

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    It's nice with the file feature, no need to use BlackBerry link anymore, which has been not good experience using it

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 02:05 PM
    I agree. I want to have in Blend everything I have on the Hub. WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn...

Otherwise it is not a complete application.

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    same here :-)

Posted at CB10 Passport 10.3.1.1151
    12-26-14 02:07 PM
    Id welcome it, alone with any other type of account and function integration and enhancements just adds to the value.
    12-26-14 02:18 PM
    I think third party integration with Blend would be a huge plus. It would definitely be a feature that would get (non-BB users) people's attention. You have a Yay vote from me!
    12-26-14 03:24 PM
    I think they should make third party apps in blend the same way as installing apps from other sources: have it disabled by default, and allow users to enable them at their own risk.

Then blackberry can get rid of liability if something happens and users who want whatsapp can have it. In my case, I wouldn't enable whatsapp. I don't even have it installed.
    gokulesh likes this.
    12-26-14 04:57 PM
    For some it would not be a great deal for enabling whatsapp on blend but also it would be a big welcome feature for many. Meeting the need of every customer is a gokd thing and that is what other OS builders are doing and BlackBerry is ignoring.
    Cummon guys, being a anti whatsapp does not mean that it would not result in anything great. Change your mindset guys.
    Only my opinions, does not mean it would seem good to all.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    12-26-14 09:23 PM
    As my predecessor, I would also appreciate the integration of whatsapp into Blend.

I hate to pick up my phone when I'm working on my Laptop just because someone messages me on WA.
    Tried to make some friends convert to BBM, but they say their android phones eat battery pretty fast when on whatsapp...

Is there any app developer who could focus on this topic?
    Last edited by blender_basti; 12-29-14 at 08:01 AM.
    12-29-14 07:35 AM
    I hope BlackBerry opens up that api soon. Whatsapp dev in the beta thread already said they'd do it if the necessary api gets released

Posted via CB10
    Rjinswand likes this.
    12-29-14 07:42 AM
    Though am anti whatsapp, but getting everything from hub to pc, including whatsapp, facebook, instagram etc... is a feature that will definitely grab attention of many, especially heavy texters, and social media gurus .

This if implemented properly would ignite interest in BlackBerry devices. Social media, and communication through ims have become vital to many businesses and should be in the "niche" target BlackBerry is going for.

Dunno these are only my thoughts on the issue.

Passport Powered
    I agree with you.

I don't particularly care for WA either and would much rather see BBM succeed.

But some folks stubborn refusal to stick their head in the sand and not recognize reality is befuddling.

Integrating apps that people us and want would only enhance BlackBerry's rapidly declining image.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:48 AM
28 12