Hi there everyone and good day.

Hopefully somebody can help me out with what may be a small problem to overcome with an easy fix.

Since support is being dropped for BlackBerry 10 and whatsapp. I now want to start using the android apk version on my phone.

I am very happy with my z10 so I don't want to buy a new phone as the Bis service is very good here in South Africa for cheap Internet so I want to keep using it.

My problem is that I downloaded and successfully installed the whatsapp android apk version on my z10 and it can send and receive messages just fine my only problem is I can't upload IMAGES or photos from my phone as it gives an error and fails.

If anybody knows why whatsapp doesn't completely work 100% then please let me know!

Maybe it's just a really easy setting but if anybody knows how to solve I am all ears and I don't mind doing extra work like installing the Google play store to get it to work

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Hopefully it is fixable

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 10:14 AM
    05-05-16 12:59 PM
    You don't need BIS for BB10...

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
    05-05-16 01:13 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you for replying guys thanks!!!

Well I am running version 2.16.61 - everything else works brilliantly - except sending images / photos.

Voice notes work - audio everything else except it fails when I try to send a photo or image of any kind.

Thanks guys I will try that thread out thanks guys!

I really love my Z10 and don't want to get another phone as I love BB thanks for trying to help guys
    05-05-16 01:38 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you for replying guys thanks!!!

Well I am running version 2.16.61 - everything else works brilliantly - except sending images / photos.

Voice notes work - audio everything else except it fails when I try to send a photo or image of any kind.

Thanks guys I will try that thread out thanks guys!

I really love my Z10 and don't want to get another phone as I love BB thanks for trying to help guys
    Just a question as I don't use WhatsApp, but can you not use the BB version UNTIL it actually does not work the way you want it to or until Jan 2017? Or is the android version better?
    05-05-16 01:43 PM
    Hey thank you so much buddy for the help!!!

Thank you very much brookie229 for your help buddy!

Yes - I can use the native BB OS 10 for whatsapp as it works great - but I want to start changing over to the android version as t will no longer be supported at the end of this year.

If I can still use the native OS 10 whatsapp version even after support has ended that would be super awesome so I don't have to worry.

Thank you for trying to help brookie229
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-05-16 02:06 PM
    but I want to start changing over to the android version as t will no longer be supported at the end of this year.
    Whatever floats your boat, but that date is 7 months away. Who knows, the world could end before that amount of time goes by or your z10 may be done for by then (heaven forbid!).
    05-05-16 09:22 PM
    Are you on MTN? As pointed out you do not need BIS for OS 10 BBerry. In fact, it will not work on BIS. They are incompatible. Might want to check to see if you are being charged for something you cannot use. On the other hand, it could be one of those "Faux BIS" plans that MTN used to offer to keep customers happy.
    05-06-16 09:31 AM
    Wow thank you everybody for your awesome replies!

Well I have a few theories - I think the reason why it's struggling to send photos or any picture is maybe because I have encrypted both my phone storage and sd card and maybe android run time struggles to understand or interpret the encryption.

If turning off encryption doesn't work them I am going to try and take any photos and place them inside a folder within the android runtime folders - maybe that will work.

Just thinking about how to solve my problem and if it works I will post the solution and fix here for others to use so they dont feel lost or hopeless hahahahaha

Thank you everybody for trying to help me

Much appreciated
    05-07-16 05:42 AM
    Are you on MTN? As pointed out you do not need BIS for OS 10 BBerry. In fact, it will not work on BIS. They are incompatible. Might want to check to see if you are being charged for something you cannot use. On the other hand, it could be one of those "Faux BIS" plans that MTN used to offer to keep customers happy.
    Yes there is BIS here in South Africa - it is the real thing no jokes.

I am on Cell C and it only cost me R40 (this is not even 4 dollars! ) for pretty much unlimited internet! So I love my BB Z10 for quite a few reasons and would love to get whatsapp working so I don't have a problem of changing device in the future.

Hopefully the encryption is the problem and hopefully I can find a way around it
    05-07-16 05:58 AM
    OS 10 cannot function on BIS. They are incompatible. On MTN's site they claim BIS is a service avail to OS7 and before. Which is accurate. Again, you may want to check to be sure yo are not be billed for a service which your phone cannot use.
    05-07-16 11:13 AM
    Hi Stinky Stinky,

you found a solution yet? i have the same problem

thnx for trying!

Wow thank you everybody for your awesome replies!

Well I have a few theories - I think the reason why it's struggling to send photos or any picture is maybe because I have encrypted both my phone storage and sd card and maybe android run time struggles to understand or interpret the encryption.

If turning off encryption doesn't work them I am going to try and take any photos and place them inside a folder within the android runtime folders - maybe that will work.

Just thinking about how to solve my problem and if it works I will post the solution and fix here for others to use so they dont feel lost or hopeless hahahahaha

Thank you everybody for trying to help me

Much appreciated
    10-27-16 08:45 PM