As BlackBerry 10 phones including my superb Passport will no longer be able to run WhatsApp after the 30th June 2017 has anybody come up with a workaround yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 01:22 PM
    Nemory studios has released an app. Check it in there website, it is not available on bb world. The app has many drawbacks. Check there website once.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 02:05 PM
    As BlackBerry 10 phones including my superb Passport will no longer be able to run WhatsApp after the 30th June 2017 has anybody come up with a workaround yet?

Posted via CB10
    The Android version, if all goes well.
    06-05-17 02:07 PM
    Nemory studios has released an app. Check it in there website, it is not available on bb world. The app has many drawbacks. Check there website once.

Posted via CB10
    Media sharing in whatsup10 dont work dont buy that
    With this free method you can have all features of whatsapp
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12877605

Posted via CB11
    sum one likes this.
    06-05-17 02:17 PM
    I installed WhatsApp Plus with the free method and it seems great.
    But I have to repeat one question that's probably been asked ten times before: Is there any way to get any Hub integration? Even having a shortcut in the Hub to launch WhatsApp would be great.
    06-16-17 11:10 AM
    I installed WhatsApp Plus with the free method and it seems great.
    But I have to repeat one question that's probably been asked ten times before: Is there any way to get any Hub integration? Even having a shortcut in the Hub to launch WhatsApp would be great.
    I doubt it. As far as I know, only native BB10 apps designed with Hub integration can work this way. Android apps will only show as general notifications in the Hub and disappear after being viewed. Still, better than not having any notifications at all.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    06-16-17 12:52 PM
    I would have thought it would be easy to write a little app that would appear in the Hub and launch a specified app when tapped. Would be a nice thing to have in Hubby.
    Last edited by otaku2; 06-16-17 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Hubby
    06-16-17 12:56 PM
    I had installed in my Z30 Android WhatsApp with the Ghorbani solution last month, it seems to work flawlessly until now. I got generic hub notifications, the ones with the bell sign. Until now, I can open WhatsApp from the Hub notifications and get into the app. Now I'm waiting for the next month to see whether it will be still working or not

From my awesome Z30
    06-16-17 03:15 PM
    I have downloaded what's up 10 but it won't work at all please someone help

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 03:25 PM
    Currently using WhatsUp 10 in the P9982 without major issues., that been said I don't have the ability to upload media and contacts don't sync automatically but once I added my contacts I receive media, video calls and text messages without problems even including hub integration to certain extend.
    Last edited by rayporsche; 06-16-17 at 04:13 PM.
    06-16-17 03:58 PM
    They saying now whatsapp will run till end of year for bb10 let's hope so

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 07:29 AM
    even if it doesnt theres WA at playstore runs smooth as ever. plus you get a lot of android tones

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 04:29 PM
    download google playstore

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 03:29 PM
    that is uconfirmed

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 03:30 PM
    They saying now whatsapp will run till end of year for bb10 let's hope so

Posted via CB10
    this remains to be confirmed

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 03:31 PM
    The Android version, if all goes well.
    I have been using android version from playstore and is way much better than native WA.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 03:34 PM
    Whatsapp BB10 App runs till the end of 2017 !
    06-19-17 02:33 AM
    What's app update is available in BlackBerry 10 store go and download freee and enjoy till 31 decembr 2017

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 02:58 AM
    Two things came to my head after seeing this update:

Is this a whatsapp/facebook attempt to finish with Blackberry?

No credibility to Whatsapp guys. If they are not serious in a simple switch off, how can we trust them in other things such as privacy?

so... use BBM!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 03:07 AM
    Two things came to my head after seeing this update:

Is this a whatsapp/facebook attempt to finish with Blackberry?

No credibility to Whatsapp guys. If they are not serious in a simple switch off, how can we trust them in other things such as privacy?

so... use BBM!

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, in that case I doubt that BlackBerry is telling the truth.
    I rather think that BlackBerry wants to finish OS10 for consumers, just because that would be the best way for them to save money.
    It's not that cheap to run an own OS.

Why would WhatsApp/Facebook cut out BlackBerry?
    They are happy about any data they can record and sell.
    I think it's from BlackBerry's side that this happens.

When have you seen the last update FROM BlackBerry to their OWN apps or OS?
    I mean, even OS10.3.3 has some known bugs and till now, they just let it be to fix them.

I think 2017 is an important year for BlackBerry, when it comes to "settle" the shareholders.
    So, KEYone had a good start (at least that's what they are telling us), but there are still more users on OS10 (who also refuse to switch to Android) as they wish to have.
    Lots of them would rather jump away from BlackBerry completely than going Android-Berry.
    So, it makes sense in middle of that year (and especially short before their next finance report) to keep those users in their boat.
    2018 can be completely different - I mean there are even rumors from some reliable sources that BlackBerry even wants to cancel BBM for OS10 in February 2018.
    But still those are rumors, but it would make sense if BlackBerry manages to get a core-fanbase in the Android ecosystem.
    Also just look at BBM for iOS/Android - now those run on Google Servers.
    Outsourcing, outsourcing, outsourcing...

So, every OS10 user can be happy to have some more time with their beloved OS10 devices.
    I'm happy about that so far!
    06-19-17 04:23 AM
    Hello

Feel for those who use Whatsapp this is great news.

My only question is the cut off date of New Years Eve 2017 which is the day most Instant Messages of all types are sent...so makes no sense to cut off Dec 31, 2017.
    06-19-17 05:06 AM
    Makes sense what you say about Blackberry wanting to leave OS10. I don't believe what you say about BBM though. It would be such a treasonthat we would ban every Android device that BB tries to make.

IMHO it would be a great mistake abandoning BBOS as it is the best OS in the market right now. They have started a solution to its main problem, android runtime for the apps. Finish that and people will start buying BB again.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:11 AM
    Makes sense what you say about Blackberry wanting to leave OS10. I don't believe what you say about BBM though. It would be such a treasonthat we would ban every Android device that BB tries to make.

IMHO it would be a great mistake abandoning BBOS as it is the best OS in the market right now. They have started a solution to its main problem, android runtime for the apps. Finish that and people will start buying BB again.

Posted via CB10
    As I wrote, what I said about BBM on OS10 - those are just rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt. No conformations, no "original" sources, nothing.
    Just some blogs that stated that without giving their sources - but those blogs have been reliable with that kind of news in the past.

But somehow it would make sense just to give OS10 Enterprise BBM for business costumers (perhaps with end-to-end encryption) and to cut out BBM for consumers.

And I absolutely agree that BBOS is the best OS you can have.
    I (personally) don't need fancy apps - alls I want basic stuff that just keeps working.
    And in 2017 Facebook & WhatsApp that's what should be included to that.
    "Just to be available".
    Over here in Germany about 98% of smartphone users have WhatsApp on their devices as messaging service - so it's a big deal!
    06-19-17 05:34 AM
    Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    06-23-17 05:50 PM