So I just got a sweet atomic red Key2 and am enjoying this thing immensely. The only thing I'm noticing is the battery life doesn't seem as good as I remember from my previous one. I would be on pace for 4 to 4 and a half hours of screen on time before the battery dies.

It seems to me that my previous device was significantly better.

I bought it used so am thinking about getting a new battery put in for $75. Wondering what others are getting for screen on time to see if I would get a jump by spending the money on a new battery.
    03-10-21 10:20 PM
    So I just got a sweet atomic red Key2 and am enjoying this thing immensely. The only thing I'm noticing is the battery life doesn't seem as good as I remember from my previous one. I would be on pace for 4 to 4 and a half hours of screen on time before the battery dies.

I bought it used so am thinking about getting a new battery put in for $75. Wondering what others are getting for screen on time to see if I would get a jump by spending the money on a new battery.
    Install AccuBattery and see what it says after 3 or 4 cycles.
    03-10-21 10:40 PM
    following
    03-11-21 07:50 AM

I just replaced the battery on my Red KEY2 with an aftermarket one, and then set up AccuBattery which told me that the capacity was essentially like new, this was about a month ago. Now it's showing about 97% of original capacity, or roughly 3393mAh (out of 3500mAh).

That said, I am also not getting quite the same SOT as I was when I first owned a KEY2 back in 2018. I remember getting about 6 hours or so, now more 4 and a half. If I enable power saving mode all day, I should be able to get past 5 on a single charge. Though I don't keep mine plugged in overnight and try not to let it drain below 15%.

I will have to blame that on the apps that get heavier and more resource demanding, while the processor and RAM of the phone are the same.
    NW WI woman likes this.
    03-11-21 08:39 AM
    Following here just in relation to my BE KeyOne. I had 1 hour and 53 minutes of screen time yesterday evening and had only used 16% -84% left when phone went on the counter for the evening. My app usage was primarily Messages, Inbox, phone, CB Forums and some Samsung Browser. *My BE was bought new in Jan '19. Data and WiFi were both on for the duration of usage.
    03-11-21 10:08 AM
    Install AccuBattery and see what it says after 3 or 4 cycles.
    I'd suggest this, too. It's great at giving you battery stats and the overall health.

If the battery is somewhat degraded, a fresh battery could make all the difference. I don't have a Key2 but do have a Keyone silver that I got used with a botched battery. I installed a new after market one and now get 2-2 1/2 days and 5-6 hrs SOT on a charge.
    03-11-21 11:03 AM
    Here's is what I get with my Keyone; it is related to key2, I think?

I bought mine used, but the original owner had already replaced the battery with a new original item. As it is, I easily get two full days of use and right now Accubattery shows 3421 mAh out of 3440 mAh original capacity. Health battery is shown at 99%.
    bh7171 and anon(5597702) like this.
    03-12-21 10:51 AM
    I just replaced the battery on my Red KEY2 with an aftermarket one, and then set up AccuBattery which told me that the capacity was essentially like new, this was about a month ago. Now it's showing about 97% of original capacity, or roughly 3393mAh (out of 3500mAh).

That said, I am also not getting quite the same SOT as I was when I first owned a KEY2 back in 2018. I remember getting about 6 hours or so, now more 4 and a half. If I enable power saving mode all day, I should be able to get past 5 on a single charge. Though I don't keep mine plugged in overnight and try not to let it drain below 15%.

I will have to blame that on the apps that get heavier and more resource demanding, while the processor and RAM of the phone are the same.
    Can you recommend a battery brand? There are mixed reviews on SO many. Right now the battery life on my Key2 is crap, going from 100% at bedtime to 60% by morning and getting worse by the month.
    04-18-21 12:35 PM