Man, it feels like I'm living on crackberry.com now. Anyway, my battery's health went from green, to yellow in the matter of days. (I use the blackberry leap BTW). And the battery temperature spikes quickly whenever I use the device (right now it's at 32 degrees Celsius @ 36%) and there are no apps open or running in the background. Any clue what's going on and if I can do anything about this?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 12:09 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

How long have you had this phone? Did you get it new or used?

It was originally released 4 years ago, so there is a good chance that the battery has reached the end of its life.
    brookie229 and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-04-19 12:33 AM
    Man, it feels like I'm living on crackberry.com now. Anyway, my battery's health went from green, to yellow in the matter of days. (I use the blackberry leap BTW). And the battery temperature spikes quickly whenever I use the device (right now it's at 32 degrees Celsius @ 36%) and there are no apps open or running in the background. Any clue what's going on and if I can do anything about this?

Posted via CB10
    You could try a reboot by holding the volume up and down buttons simultaneously for seven seconds, and also check with the Device Monitor to check what is eating the battery.

But, it could very well be you need a 'new' battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 06:10 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

How long have you had this phone? Did you get it new or used?

It was originally released 4 years ago, so there is a good chance that the battery has reached the end of its life.
    I've had this phone since mid 2016

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 12:20 PM
    You could try a reboot by holding the volume up and down buttons simultaneously for seven seconds, and also check with the Device Monitor to check what is eating the battery.

But, it could very well be you need a 'new' battery.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that and it don't work.

And so far it looks like my system is using all of my battery and most of my CPU.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 12:20 PM
    I've had this phone since mid 2016

Posted via CB10
    Almost 3 years could be time for a new battery.
    04-04-19 02:49 PM
    Tried that and it don't work.
    Reboot didn't work or didn't fix the issue?

And so far it looks like my system is using all of my battery and most of my CPU.
    If a hard restart doesn't work then I'd do a factory reset. If the issue survives, you need a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 02:54 PM
    Almost 3 years could be time for a new battery.
    The Leap was released in April of 2015 so that battery may possibly be just over 4 years old. Depending on how it was treated, it could certainly be degraded to the point where it is exhibiting problems. For instance, if the battery was run down to 10% or less several times, over a period, then it will not last as long. With good "battery hygiene" a lithium ion battery should last 5 years but may die sooner under other circumstances. Ideally you would keep such a battery between 20% and 80% all the time, but in every day use we know that won't happen.
    Laura Knotek and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-04-19 02:57 PM
    Reboot didn't work or didn't fix the issue?

If a hard restart doesn't work then I'd do a factory reset. If the issue survives, you need a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    This battery life problem actually started right after a factory reset.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 03:58 PM
    My BlackBerry leap sometimes goes daily into restarting loops (which can be stopped a hard reset). That's just another piece of information, but IDK if it's got anything to do with the battery or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 04:00 PM
    My BlackBerry leap sometimes goes daily into restarting loops (which can be stopped a hard reset). That's just another piece of information, but IDK if it's got anything to do with the battery or not.

Posted via CB10
    Try to reinstall the OS with BB Link or to use an autoloader. I am sorry for this Problem. I have two BB Leaps and never had any battery problem.
    04-04-19 04:02 PM
    Try to reinstall the OS with BB Link or to use an autoloader. I am sorry for this Problem. I have two BB Leaps and never had any battery problem.
    BB link only works for reloading the device software, not for anything. (I know I am in need of a desperate upgrade). I really don't want to reload the device software for the 9th time now. Also, there is no battery problem,just a noticeable concern. A few months ago. The battery could last 2-3 days without charge, now it only lasts one full day (which is fine for now...) before being recharged every night.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 04:08 PM
    This battery life problem actually started right after a factory reset.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm....interesting,did you do a restore after the reset? If so, you might want to do a clean install with an autoloader, and test if the problem persists.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 04:24 PM
    A few months ago. The battery could last 2-3 days without charge, now it only lasts one full day (which is fine for now...) before being recharged every night.

Posted via CB10
    It really sounds like you need a new battery then, but I'd do the autoloader first.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-19 04:27 PM
    went from green, to yellow in the matter of days
    This is a clue that your battery is going. I presume you got this reading from the BBVE app? Also you noted the battery worse after a factory reset which in of itself is VERY draining and possibly damaging. I could be wrong ( ) but I think you may soon need a new battery. Check BBVE again for a yellow battery icon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-19 04:38 PM
    It really sounds like you need a new battery then, but I'd do the autoloader first.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't trust autoloaders. Especially when there's not an autoloader for the blackberry leap, I have to use some other autoloader (like the Z10 autoloader). And I don't even know how it works!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-19 07:21 AM
    I honestly don't trust autoloaders. Especially when there's not an autoloader for the blackberry leap, I have to use some other autoloader (like the Z10 autoloader). And I don't even know how it works!

Posted via CB10
    So that leaves replacing the battery. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-19 07:26 AM
    I have to use some other autoloader (like the Z10 autoloader). And I don't even know how it works!
    If you do the autoloader (and it's VERY easy, by the way) make sure you get the Z30 autoloader. Z10 is the wrong one.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-19 11:00 AM
    I'll try it if my phone ever poops out on me (again).

Posted via CB10
    04-07-19 10:31 PM
    If you do the autoloader (and it's VERY easy, by the way) make sure you get the Z30 autoloader. Z10 is the wrong one.
    Could you send me the link to a functioning autoloader, this one does not work on my PC.
    04-10-19 10:15 AM
    Could you send me the link to a functioning autoloader, this one does not work on my PC.
    All newest BB10 autoloaders are here: https://mega.nz/#F!ERomDKaT!YYXwe5p2bUlm_4VW5VfTtw

Again, choose the Z30 zipped file only, download to your PC desktop, unzip it, plug your Leap into the PC, shut down BB Link if it starts up, click on the unzipped autoloader (should show as an .exe file), then the process begins. Takes about 15 minutes and will totally wipe your device so that you will have the newest OS. You will then set up as if a new device needing your BBID and password. It's a simple process.
    04-10-19 10:21 AM
    Well, it turns out that I may need a new battery after all. After a device OS reload, the battery status in BBVE is still yellow. Oh well, I'm hoping to either win the key two LE from the contest, or get the key two in June.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-19 10:36 PM
    Okay, it turns out that I had previously installed an autoloader from a while ago that still works. So my BlackBerry leap is back up and running again! [For now ]

Thanks to everybody who gave helpful suggestions. Problem = resolved.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-19 10:37 PM