Any tip on how to painlessly switch back and forth between key1 and key2 without having duplicates in content transfer? Wish it could be as simple as update or append event as in sql. Currently, I have to do content transfer back and forth and then i end up with dupe contacts, etc.
    08-23-19 12:33 PM
    Any tip on how to painlessly switch back and forth between key1 and key2 without having duplicates in content transfer? Wish it could be as simple as update or append event as in sql. Currently, I have to do content transfer back and forth and then i end up with dupe contacts, etc.
    Wipe the destination device first before doing the content transfer?
    08-23-19 12:46 PM
    Any tip on how to painlessly switch back and forth between key1 and key2 without having duplicates in content transfer?
    Make better use of cloud services and you won't have to worry about Content Transfer. Set them both up the same. Use one on SIM and one on WiFi. Aside from some app usage, they'll remain pretty much identical. No point in fighting with Content Transfer when you can have both devices syncing contact info from one singular, constantly updated source.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-23-19 12:47 PM
    I'd activate the normal Google backup settings and use an app called "SMS Backup & Restore" which, like the name implies, can make automatic periodical backups of your texts and call logs.

When you're ready to switch between the two, just make a manual backup of all the Google stuff and then the texts and calls via that app, and also WhatsApp while you're at it and then switch the sim from one device to the other.

Once you did that, open up that same backup and restore app and restore your last backup which you would have just done, the Google stuff will sync automatically, and as for WhatsApp, go into the app's settings and clear the cache and data for it.

Then, re-authenticate on it and all your chats will re-appear the way they were on the other device and any other new media will download
    08-23-19 05:34 PM
    Thanks all for generously sharing insight on this matter. I already use SMS B/UP & Restore with daily scheduled backup, which's helpful. I'll incorporate the tips (using SIM & WiFi, in addition to SMS B/UP & Restore).
    08-24-19 01:59 PM