I Have been using a whats app version for a while without a problem but having followed a prompt to download an update, there was an error in the download and consequently the update failed. The whats app version is now out of date and unusable. I would like to uninstall it and look for a new solution but there is no option to do this. it has just frozen on the screen with the download prompt.

Any tips?
    09-19-19 09:00 AM
    I Have been using a whats app version for a while without a problem but having followed a prompt to download an update, there was an error in the download and consequently the update failed. The whats app version is now out of date and unusable. I would like to uninstall it and look for a new solution but there is no option to do this. it has just frozen on the screen with the download prompt.

Any tips?
    Just install the app at www.whatsapp.com/download.
    09-19-19 09:20 AM
    That download has failed as well.
    09-19-19 11:56 AM
    That download has failed as well.
    The download or the app?
    09-19-19 12:01 PM
    The download.
    09-19-19 12:03 PM
    You need to delete everything related to Whatsapp first, and then follow conite's advice.
    09-19-19 12:09 PM
    unfortunately I cant seem to delete it
    09-19-19 12:13 PM
    unfortunately I cant seem to delete it
    Can you please explain more thoroughly?
    09-19-19 12:17 PM
    when I tap the whats app icon on the home screen I can only get the whats app update screen and the only possibility is to press the download update button which then fails to update. Then when I go to the Blackberry world app and tap that I can get through to my apps and games installed but not all my apps are listed and whats app is not listed and so that way of uninstalling is not available to me.
    09-19-19 12:32 PM
    when I tap the whats app icon on the home screen I can only get the whats app update screen and the only possibility is to press the download update button which then fails to update. Then when I go to the Blackberry world app and tap that I can get through to my apps and games installed but not all my apps are listed and whats app is not listed and so that way of uninstalling is not available to me.
    Just delete the app the normal way - hold down the icon and press delete.
    09-19-19 02:08 PM
    Thank you - that worked and I have now deleted the malfunctioning version of Whats App. However the download from the WhatsApp.com site (as you suggest above)will not download
    09-20-19 04:17 AM
    Thank you - that worked and I have now deleted the malfunctioning version of Whats App. However the download from the WhatsApp.com site (as you suggest above)will not download
    Again, more info please.
    09-20-19 07:52 AM
    I have now successfully downloaded it thank you but using a different method. I used the method shown on You tube by Jan Ole Humbold. Perhaps it was the using of a SD card which made the difference. Anyway I am happy now. Thank you for your useful tip about deleting the app. I only use Whats App so I haven't hitherto had a need to uninstall an app.
    09-20-19 08:02 AM