I currently have a blackberry bold which is on its last legs. When I connect it to the bluetooth in my car, at least half the time the phone overloads and shuts off. Recently, my trackpad has started to be really glitchy. (It won't let me scroll down or it is super sensitive and sends ten blank texts to the person I am texting).

In short, it is time to upgrade.

The problem is, for the most part I like what I had.
    I didn't have a data plan (so I couldn't use the internet) and I was hoping to be able to do that with the new phone purchase.

I think something to do with either my hand temperature, pressure or lack of moisture means that smart phones are not as reliable for me as other people. (When I borrow the phones of friends).

I would like to get a phone with an actual keyboard.

I was looking at both the classic and the q10.
    I was wondering if both were too "touch screen" for me.
    Would it be best to buy a new blackberry bold?
    05-17-15 01:17 PM
    I was looking at both the classic and the q10.
    I was wondering if both were too "touch screen" for me.
    Would it be best to buy a new blackberry bold?
    I've played with the Classic and you can do pretty much everything without ever touching the screen.
    05-17-15 02:57 PM
    If you want full data capabilities on your phone without paying for a data plan, BB10 is the way to go, as you can do everything on WiFi that you can with a data plan. This is not the case with BBOS, i.e. pre-BB10 OSes that are installed on phones like the Bold. I'm guessing the Bold you have is not the 9900, because it was a touchscreen phone as well.

You have three choices when it comes to BB10 phones with full keyboards: The Classic, Q10 and Q5. The last two don't have a trackpad, so they'd be more "touch screen" than the Classic. Plus, the OS on the Classic is quite accommodating to a phone with a physical keyboard (although not everything that could be done on older keyboard phones can be done of BB10...yet.) So IMO, the Classic is the best choice for you among BB10 phones.

Classic/BB10 vs. another Bold: assuming you don't have a 9900, you may have a hard time getting the Bold you currently own as a new device, which would mean warranty wouldn't be there. Plus, the best Bold right now--the 9900--is also a touchscreen phone. And development-wise, BBOS has hit a brick wall and won't be further developed. Done.
    05-17-15 03:09 PM
    i have tried iphone, android, z10, etc, and examined/tested the classic. imo the best thing is to buy a used bold on amazon or ebay, and use it until a satisfactory phone comes out.
    05-20-15 09:03 PM
    Sir, take a leap of faith and get yourself a passport. This thing rocks!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-21-15 07:02 AM