Thanks! There are options???? Please tell me then... I never heard, seriously...
    12-29-19 04:06 PM
    I didnt know in such details, thanks, although of course heard about TCL and and all these changes connected with swap tu android. But still, whatever it is called, and to whoever it belogs, its hard to beleive that it will just stop existing...
    12-29-19 04:11 PM
    I didnt know in such details, thanks, although of course heard about TCL and and all these changes connected with swap tu android. But still, whatever it is called, and to whoever it belogs, its hard to beleive that it will just stop existing...
    BlackBerry couldn't make any money on their devices.
    TCL couldn't make any money with the brand or the security.

If there is no money to be made, there isn't much reason for a product to exist.

Best hope is tiny "crowd funded projects" - but don't hold out much hope for patches, updates or even security. In the end it's time to learn how to use a VKB.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-30-19 09:47 AM
    In the end it's time to learn how to use a VKB.
    Not about learning how to use this inferior input method called the "VKB", but just having alternatives to it because on prefers them.

Most current KEY owners could probably do just fine on glass, but glass didn't do it for them so they bought a KEYBerry.
    12-30-19 10:25 AM
    How did launching it at $650 work out for them?
    Probably a lot better than launching it at a lower price would have!

It's likely that it was priced very close to break-even when you look at overhead, wholesale and retail margins. It's very likely they would have lost more money selling 2 million units at $450 each than a few hundred thousand at $650 ea.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-30-19 at 12:48 PM.
    12-30-19 11:41 AM
    Someone may figure it out eventually but it seems hard to solve. TCL’s strategy was predicated on using the brand to get into corporate accounts. That didn’t work out.

So maybe someone can do a PKB without having to pay BB Ltd (as much). We’ll see. The unihertz one is apparently shipping. I’m very curious to see how people like that one.
    12-30-19 12:46 PM
    Someone may figure it out eventually but it seems hard to solve. TCL’s strategy was predicated on using the brand to get into corporate accounts. That didn’t work out.

So maybe someone can do a PKB without having to pay BB Ltd (as much). We’ll see. The unihertz one is apparently shipping. I’m very curious to see how people like that one.
    Unihertz has the issue of trust and software. Does it come preloaded with a known or unknown spyware package? Will there be montly patches or yearly updates? Based on the past, it's a good possibility that it will have something phoning home, and that you won't see very much in the way of update. Which is why they'll be doing well if they break 10K units.

What folks want is a device that's supported by a known and trusted company, one that doesn't come with too many sacrifices and is a fair price. Something like a Galaxy A50 with a PKB for $400, with updates for three years, and two major updates would be a .... "dream".
    12-30-19 01:02 PM
    heard about samsungs with PKB , but coulndt find them on internet
    titan by unihertz seems a bit too old....,
    01-02-20 08:16 AM
    Have to go back a generation (or maybe two). They use to sell a clip on accessory for their phones.

Most any phone with buttons is going to be viewed as "old". Titan so far seems a nice device, question is going to be updates.
    01-02-20 10:16 AM
    How do you figure it’s old?
    01-02-20 08:14 PM
    Kyamil10 - You asked about alternatives. I personally am going to stay with a Classic as long as it will make phone calls because I like the combination of *relatively* small size and physical keyboard, and the few apps I use are compatible (kindle and audible for the most part.)
    That said, there are several decent alternatives if you don't mind a larger phone. Note, these are in the U.S., and if you live elsewhere I can't promise they will work for you:

Fx Tec Pro1 - https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/ It's a slider, and as someone whose first smartphone was an LG Enact, that is not a problem for me. But 6" is just a bit much for me (if they ever make a version 4.5in or less I'm snapping it up!)

Unihertz Titan-https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/titan-unihertz-rugged-qwerty-smartphone/description
    Think of it as the Passport's bigger,rougher, older brother who maybe served a couple of years for armed robbery. This is the one most likely to replace my Classic if it becomes unusable. This review (https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/03/...lone-keyboard/) gives a little more information. It seems like it would still be a large phone, but so far I haven't seen overall dimensions. Unihertz has already made 2 phones, so I'd check user reviews of those to see how well-supported they are after sale. Seems mixed from what I've read.

Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8, with accessory keyboard - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...BoCX6kQAvD_BwE This accessory turns your S7 (another one is available for the S8, not sure about S9/10) into a PKB phone. I've never used one, but I have read reviews that describe them as comfortable and accurate.

There are others, but I don't know if they would work well as a phone - the Cosmo Communicator (more like a micro laptop with optional 4g and calling) springs to mind.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-03-20 10:33 AM
    When I said old I meant old style)) and you would probably agree that key 2 right now is far better than that Titan....?
    What I meant is what should I do when my key2 gets old in all aspects))
    01-03-20 05:20 PM
    Thanks a lot, you pretty much answered to all of my question
    But honestly, from what I see, my Key2 seems way better than all 3 options- dont you agree? And if you are still using classic, I think I can survive with key 2 some time more for sure if this is the case)))
    Unfortunately now other option
    Just heard here in forums that no updates are to be expected , is it true? So what is the the best model at the moment for key 2?
    128 gb dual sim ?
    01-03-20 05:24 PM
    hi, hope all i ok))
    my freind from US today told me that there are roumors that BB is closing down phones production completely- so he suggest to start moving to another phone
    this will be a complete disaster for me- is it true????i if not, any news on on when new key3 or something is coming up? thanks a lot
    You don't need to move to another phone at this point in time just because there may not be a KEY3. My KEY2 is still getting security updates. I plan to use it for as long as I can into the future. (I actually have a backup KEY2 as well). Hopefully a decent phone with a physical will get made at some future date. I dislike the slab phones for numerous reasons. I do not believe I am alone in this.
    I anticipate there will be software security solutions coming available for phones. This may even come from BlackBerry's own Cylance, the recently acquired anti-virus company that BlackBerry owns. They have been developing security for Android devices.
    PS the KEY2 also is made more secure to begin with and has DTEK on it for added security.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-04-20 12:04 PM
    Blackberries have always sucked, from a consumer's point of view and I agree with that. Nevertheless I don't regret owning seven of them in the last decade.

9800 9810 z10 z30 PRIV keyone key2

I'm still on my key2 but I will have to move on eventually. It's been a great journey.

Farewell BlackBerry..
    01-07-20 02:28 PM
    so, Bla1ze, understanding that nothing good is coming up with key series, and seing that unihertz is not even near ( from reviews that i saw) its maybe reasonable for me to go on so far with Key 2
    so in your professional opinion what is so far the best the most expensive Key 2 model with dual sim? the one that can work with any operator, as my country Azeraijan has no Verizon or any other big networks
    waiting your answer- and just going to buy one))
    if possible with suggestion of where to buy
    thanks
    01-09-20 10:26 AM
    so, Bla1ze, understanding that nothing good is coming up with key series, and seing that unihertz is not even near ( from reviews that i saw) its maybe reasonable for me to go on so far with Key 2
    so in your professional opinion what is so far the best the most expensive Key 2 model with dual sim? the one that can work with any operator, as my country Azeraijan has no Verizon or any other big networks
    thanks
    Where are you and what carriers do you use as primary and secondary?
    01-09-20 10:32 AM
    Azerbaijan, no major worldwide carriers, so i need fully unlocked phone
    only primary of course
    thanks
    01-09-20 10:37 AM
    9000 s alot. 8520 alot, 9900 alot, q10s acouple, q20s alot
    01-27-20 05:50 AM
    thanks
    In your case, I would just get the Red KEY2 from the BB EU store
    01-27-20 06:52 AM
45 12