hi, hope all i ok))
    my freind from US today told me that there are roumors that BB is closing down phones production completely- so he suggest to start moving to another phone
    this will be a complete disaster for me- is it true????i if not, any news on on when new key3 or something is coming up? thanks a lot
    12-25-19 06:53 AM
    hi, hope all i ok))
    my freind from US today told me that there are roumors that BB is closing down phones production completely- so he suggest to start moving to another phone
    this will be a complete disaster for me- is it true????i if not, any news on on when new key3 or something is coming up? thanks a lot
    Production of the Key2 was stopped prematurely and the OS upgrades to Android 9 never arrived. There have been zero mentions of a Key3 or of a Motion2 either officially or from leaks.

It also appears that BlackBerry Mobile employees have either been transferred to other divisions within TCL or outright laid off. As of right now, all signs say that there will not be any more BlackBerry phones released.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-25-19 09:22 AM
    Was the 3 in the title a typo. ;-)
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-25-19 03:05 PM
    Production of the Key2 was stopped prematurely and the OS upgrades to Android 9 never arrived. There have been zero mentions of a Key3 or of a Motion2 either officially or from leaks.

It also appears that BlackBerry Mobile employees have either been transferred to other divisions within TCL or outright laid off. As of right now, all signs say that there will not be any more BlackBerry phones released.
    And BlackBerry Limited shut down phone production years ago. It is currently licensed out but failing.
    12-25-19 06:02 PM
    yes, blackberry itself stopped production, but these latest models, with ANdroid, cooperation with TCL, wasnt it already something firm? so what will happen now?
    12-26-19 07:34 AM

really? but why? it seemed a good cooperation and good solution- what happened? key one, then key2 all was going well no? any positive roumors or only bad news?
    12-26-19 07:36 AM
    really? but why? it seemed a good cooperation and good solution- what happened? key one, then key2 all was going well no? any positive roumors or only bad news?
    Lack of sales. And the rumor is TCL doesn't want to pay the increase in fees BlackBerry wants.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-26-19 09:28 AM
    What happened? Apparently TCL was shocked by how poorly the Key2 sold. The reasons have to do with the smartphone market in general, and the BlackBerry market in particular.

The last positive rumor was from around May 2019 when a new model number was discovered, but shortly after that the roof caved in.
    12-26-19 01:28 PM
    yes, seems TCL is not happy about it......but i still dont beleive that they will just shut it down, for me, Key2 was a great sucsess and its really so hard to beleive that noone will at least take it over>>>
    12-27-19 05:20 AM
    yes, seems TCL is not happy about it......but i still dont beleive that they will just shut it down, for me, Key2 was a great sucsess and its really so hard to beleive that noone will at least take it over>>>
    When you look at the sales numbers... it's pretty easy to understand why it would be difficult to see another major OEM step in. Business have to make money....

Maybe someone small like the Bullitt Group who make those Caterpillar phones that BlackBerry had an agreement with for the software... (but never did anything that we know of). They might push out a BlackBerry KEY?

But the reality is small endeavors like that are fading away under the pressures from bigger OEM that deal mostly on volume (China). Next step is a kickstarter, but those generally offer very little beyond the initial device - if they get a device out.
    12-27-19 07:13 AM
    What happened? Apparently TCL was shocked by how poorly the Key2 sold.
    Shocked?

With no carrier support, this thing should never have launched for $650.

There are several reasons why it failed.

-Smartphone slowdown in general

-Not the best hardware package for the price

-Small BB market

-Build issues with early KEYone/prior BB's

-Toxic brand name
    John Albert and ANTIBERRY like this.
    12-27-19 10:45 AM
    Shocked?

-Small BB market

-Toxic brand name
    Well if not at $650 then device wouldn't have ever launched.
    eshropshire likes this.
    12-27-19 11:09 AM
    Shocked?

-Small BB market

-Toxic brand name
    ^THIS^

For a comeback with the bad reputation they have for the lack of app in their previous phones, Blackberry should have take note from Nokia. Come back with phone who are not $650.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-19 09:19 AM
    Any BlackBerry smart phones beyond what already produced are a dream

Reading the recent annual report, there is no mention on phones, only services and software.

Where will our Beloved CB be in the near future when all BlackBerry support will be gone?
    12-28-19 08:17 PM
    Any BlackBerry smart phones beyond what already produced are a dream

Reading the recent annual report, there is no mention on phones, only services and software.

Where will our Beloved CB be in the near future when all BlackBerry support will be gone?
    The annual report for BlackBerry doesn't mention any mobile phones since BlackBerry exited that business in 2016 or so.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-19 08:25 PM
    The annual report for BlackBerry doesn't mention any mobile phones since BlackBerry exited that business in 2016 or so.
    Which is why they will be around to write the next annual report.
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-28-19 08:58 PM
    Well if not at $650 then device wouldn't have ever launched.
    How did launching it at $650 work out for them?
    12-28-19 09:19 PM
    Shocked?

-Small BB market

-Toxic brand name
    This is it. Even iphones is slowing down in sales. And now, the market is shifting to sell “services” instead of devices. A company with high number of user bases (like android or iOS) still could get some juices out of it. Sadly blackberry couldn’t get a chance to win by being rockheaded and unique.
    12-28-19 10:16 PM
    How did launching it at $650 work out for them?
    Not as good as if they’d just stopped at the KEYone since profits never appeared. The whole endeavor was doomed to failure.
    12-28-19 10:20 PM
    nothing mentioned in annual reports of BlackBerry since 2016? how is that possible? key2 was produced after 2016- it is a blackberry phone isnt it?))) honestly this is very sad, but all we ( I ) need is to hear at lest any mentioning that keyboard phone, any new phone will ever be produced or not?
    12-29-19 10:37 AM
    nothing mentioned in annual reports of BlackBerry since 2016? how is that possible? key2 was produced after 2016- it is a blackberry phone isnt it?))) honestly this is very sad, but all we ( I ) need is to hear at lest any mentioning that keyboard phone, any new phone will ever be produced or not?
    The Key series are not Blackberry (RIM) produced phones.
    12-29-19 10:46 AM
    By whoever it was made it was Blackberry, and still is))) all I need is a new version of querty keyboard phone )))
    12-29-19 02:29 PM
    By whoever it was made it was Blackberry, and still is))) all I need is a new version of querty keyboard phone )))
    You will probably need to find something other than a BB then. They are options but not many
    12-29-19 02:34 PM
    The Key2 was produced and sold by an entity called BlackBerry Mobile (BBMo). That company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TCL.

BBMo licensed the BlackBerry name, BlackBerry version of a Android, and other tech from the Canadian company BlackBerry, Ltd.

So when we’re talking about annual reports here we mean the Canadian company called BlackBerry Ltd (NYSE: BB). They did not make the Key2.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    12-29-19 02:48 PM
    When BlackBerry was in their haydays, all the Corporations that needed high security had to go to them. Then as other OS providers improved security the era of BYOD started. BlackBerry was no longer unique.

The hard keyboard was a key feature since the earliest BlackBerry smartphones

Regret, as BYOD users became used to virtual keyboards the need for the first hard keyboard went away.

it is only a short time where even the die-hard BlackBerry users give up. BlackBerry as a smartphone company will only be a memory

I regret.
    12-29-19 03:34 PM
45 12