After considerable disappointment with my BB Torch, I am thinking of upgrading to the Z10. Blackberry has reduced the price in Austria from �600 to about �200, but even at this price it does not always compare favourably with the competition.
    In particular, its battery rating and frequent need for a top-up is a major weakness. Competitors offer machines at a similar price with 2500-3000 mAh, compared with BB's 1800 mH and smaller screen .Allegedly 10.2.1 has led to an improvement but I have yet to see figures from Blackberry saying what the current charge life actually is. It is not even clear to me if the current Z10 is delivered with version 10.2.1. already installed!

And now we are told that one can run Android apps from a Z10. But I have been unable to find any information from Blackberry whether this applies to Android Version 4.4. or only earlier versions (which)?

This amateur approach to consumer marketing rather saps my already damaged confidence in Blackberry.
    06-21-14 12:48 AM
    After considerable disappointment with my BB Torch, I am thinking of upgrading to the Z10. Blackberry has reduced the price in Austria from €600 to about €200, but even at this price it does not always compare favourably with the competition.
    In particular, its battery rating and frequent need for a top-up is a major weakness. Competitors offer machines at a similar price with 2500-3000 mAh, compared with BB's 1800 mH and smaller screen .Allegedly 10.2.1 has led to an improvement but I have yet to see figures from Blackberry saying what the current charge life actually is. It is not even clear to me if the current Z10 is delivered with version 10.2.1. already installed!

And now we are told that one can run Android apps from a Z10. But I have been unable to find any information from Blackberry whether this applies to Android Version 4.4. or only earlier versions (which)?

This amateur approach to consumer marketing rather saps my already damaged confidence in Blackberry.
    10.2.1 supports up to 4.2.2 android. 10.3 supports 4.3 android
    The competition may offer bigger battery, but compare the actual battery life. BB devices usually have a pretty good battery life
    06-21-14 12:55 AM
    Thank you for this precise advice! Competive products in the price category already feature Android 4.4, Kitkat.

A charge on average lasts about 3 days. I do not find many references on Crackberry Z10 having a life of over about 10 hours.

Something else Blackberry does not advertise: if I buy a Z10 via Amazon.de, what is the guarantee, and where would I send it for service? I live in VIenna.
    06-21-14 07:35 AM
    Curious to know where you got that average battery life estimate from. Three days sounds more like "this is what you get with the factory settings and not adding any accounts/apps, not doing any browsing, etc".
    The Z10 should easily last three days, if you follow those rules.

I am not saying the Z10 battery is good, but other brands in the same price range offering 500% battery life with the same usage pattern sounds like a fairytale.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-21-14 07:44 AM
    If you're comparing the Z10 to a legacy Torch, you won't have a favorable batter life comparison. This is the price for a more advanced device and the fact that LTE and 4G do use a higher degree of battery. Overall though you'll be happy to make the change

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:48 AM
    Thank you for this precise advice! Competive products in the price category already feature Android 4.4, Kitkat.

A charge on average lasts about 3 days. I do not find many references on Crackberry Z10 having a life of over about 10 hours.

Something else Blackberry does not advertise: if I buy a Z10 via Amazon.de, what is the guarantee, and where would I send it for service? I live in VIenna.
    Competitive products may have Android 4.4, but Z10 also has the BB newest OS
    You gotta give it time to update. Your competitive products may not have 4.5 when it comes out, but Z10 may, just because BB updates the runtime
    As for a charge lasting 3 days, I dare you to find me a device that lasts 3 days on normal usage. An iPhone can't even last 12 hours without dying. My Z10 can last up to 24 hours on one charge... So I have to call bluff on this one
    As for buying an unlocked device online, it will probably not have guarantee or warranty, regardless of brand. If however, you are buying directly with Amazon with a plan from a carrier, then the carrier will take care of the warranty
    06-22-14 10:01 PM

If you want to be on the cutting edge of Android, well, buy an Android. As far as three days' battery life, good luck with that. My son has an S4 and struggles to get a day from it. My Z30 lasts well into late evening.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:37 PM