Hey B,

You've been around since the glory days. Things are a bit leaner now, and a lot of things are changing. As BlackBerry pivots, what challenges do you face with regards to managing CrackBerry?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-24-17 11:21 AM
    Interesting question for sure as I see many my old cb friends has moved on to other platform with the downhill of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 05:34 AM
    Hmm... good question. If I had to break it down to one thing, it's figuring out which aspects of BlackBerry the folks around here remain interested in. As we know it, BlackBerry is not the same company and they now have far more working parts, but when it comes down to it the majority of the CrackBerry readership is here because of devices. But what else BlackBerry is worth covering?

BlackBerry has so many parts now it's hard to say 'Yes, this should be posted!' or 'Nah, we can skip that. No one will care'. They have BBM, they have QNX, they have the software side of things and then there's hardware but it's not all the same department so to speak and that makes it hard to get the full stories and deliver things people ACTUALLY want to read.

Take for example QNX articles. I love hearing about QNX but should we go really hard on QNX info going forward? The numbers show most of our readers don't really care about QNX news at all. It's one of those things that comes up, people say it's cool and they move on. They don't genuinely care about the news as much as if we posted news about a device.

Another example is BBM Games in Indonesia. Indonesia is a HUGE market but when it comes to our readership, Indonesia isn't that huge so should we even bother posting about games when they launch in Indonesia? It's still all BlackBerry related but most folks around here couldn't care less about a game in Indonesia.

It's a weird spot to be in simply because of the position BlackBerry themselves are in. We always roll with BlackBerry so when they're up, CrackBerry is up and lively. When BlackBerry is down, then things around here get kind of slow. It has generally always been one way or the other but right now, BlackBerry is in a bit of a flux and transitioning so it's really hard to strike a balance.

I guess the only thing kind of goes in hand with this one and that's the fact that when things do get slow around here, I tend to take the bumps for it from folks who don't fully understand the situation. Folks that just simply don't understand that sometimes, BlackBerry news and information is slow because not everything BlackBerry does is out in the public and a lot of what they do just simply isn't shared, though, I don't fault anyone for that. As I said, we largely built our audience off 'devices' and 'hardware' so I can understand where folks are coming from but, some folks, just go a little too hard in the paint with the blame lol.
    01-25-17 01:42 PM
    Interesting question for sure as I see many my old cb friends has moved on to other platform with the downhill of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Kevin
    01-25-17 02:22 PM
    Seems to be a fair amount Indonesians in the forum. Roll with the BBM games for awhile. I'll participate.
    01-25-17 02:28 PM
    delete due to double posting
    01-25-17 03:08 PM
    once qnx and autonomous integrated back to handsets, hopefully you will see interest pop up... like alexa for amazon on line sales... need something link up between the two field - self driving car and bb handset... however, i do worry about qnx base... with ibm synapses low power brain chip and new programming language (hardware programming) specifically got big advantage on imaging processing and tracking, BB should watch out.
    01-25-17 03:11 PM
    once qnx and autonomous integrated back to handsets, hopefully you will see interest pop up... like alexa for amazon on line sales... need something link up between the two field - self driving car and bb handset... however, i do worry about qnx base... with ibm synapses low power brain chip and new programming language (hardware programming) specifically got big advantage on imaging processing and tracking, BB should watch out.
    ? I really don't see any move back to handset......
    01-30-17 10:13 AM