I am using a BB Classic, OS 10, Model SQC 100-4, After a very difficult installation, (the old BB 8820 had OS 4), I started to accumulate some zip files which have the words BlackBerry Blend and a date. I'd like to know what these files are; if they are backup files of some kind, should I only keep the most recent? FYI, I am currently doing hot syncs from the device to Outlook with a cable.
    04-08-17 10:44 AM
    To be sure, open one of the zip files by right clicking on it. It won't do any harm to your device and you can always zip them together again!
    The files are likely data files or copies of images. Once you unzip the file, you probably won't be able to open them.
    At any rate, they are, in effect,a sort of log file. You can delete them without worry.
    I have a Passport and a Z10, I use Blend Daily and at least once a week delete these and many other useless files from my SD card and internal file storage.

Of course you do this at your own risk Blah,Blah,Blah and so on and so forth. (They make me say that)
    04-08-17 11:32 AM
    Just curious, but where are you finding these files?

On the phone, or on the PC?

Joel
    04-08-17 11:35 AM
    Oh great! The OP's opening statement and questions weren't confusing enough!
    I paused for a moment asking the same question and decided that the "FYI" was just an afterthought.

But Joel does have a legitimate question which deserves a reply
    So in response, See post #2 above and chance any reference to mobile device to computer.

You'll find that following the reply as stated for a mobile device and restating it for a computer has the same resolve.

I then researched further
    and considering the OP was doing hot syncs from the device I concluded that it didn't matter if the syncs originated from Mars. They were not directly related with the Zip files in question and finally came up with the only logical answer.
    The OP's FYI/ Afterthought was a premeditated attempt to confuse the already confused more then they were confuse already.

And in closing, let me reiterate... If you want to know what the zip files contain, OPEN THEM!!
    04-09-17 06:47 PM
    Oh great! The OP's opening statement and questions weren't confusing enough!
    I paused for a moment asking the same question and decided that the "FYI" was just an afterthought.

But Joel does have a legitimate question which deserves a reply
    So in response, See post #2 above and chance any reference to mobile device to computer.

You'll find that following the reply as stated for a mobile device and restating it for a computer has the same resolve.

I then researched further
    and considering the OP was doing hot syncs from the device I concluded that it didn't matter if the syncs originated from Mars. They were not directly related with the Zip files in question and finally came up with the only logical answer.
    The OP's FYI/ Afterthought was a premeditated attempt to confuse the already confused more then they were confuse already.

And in closing, let me reiterate... If you want to know what the zip files contain, OPEN THEM!! http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    Do you prefer single, double or farmhouse syncs? From all the research you have done, you should have made a decision by now.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-09-17 09:02 PM
    Yeah, if the OP won't tell us where the zip files are located, when he used Blend, and what dates are on the zip files, then I suggest following @Lostboy5151 advice. Open the files, and never tell us what you find out.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-09-17 09:07 PM
    Do you prefer single, double or farmhouse syncs? From all the research you have done, you should have made a decision by now.
    By NOW???
    It's not my place to make decisions. And, it's just not in my character to do what i "should" do when told I should do it. In cases like this, you tell me I should and I'll give you 5 reasons why I shouldn't. BUT......
    There are always exceptions to the Rules. (Not to be confused with "Family Friendly Rules.")

And, you won't believe this but you just landed on an "exception to the rules" spot.

So this one's for you MB!
    And BTW: This is a perfect example of why I rant. While I don't say much, it appears " From all the research" and the length and your degree of ADD,
    and my being my own Quality Member with Rules Misinterpretation Disorder... you've just come to except what I say rather than having to read the entire rant.
    And it goes without saying, I did make a decision. but, giving it all away .. well, where's the fun in THAT!
    04-11-17 05:37 AM