What should I do to make the YouTube audio keep playing after I lock the screen?
    I am asking this because when I bought my device it used to happen.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 10:05 AM
    Google has changed something on their end that prevents this from working properly. Its been reported that clearing cookies will temporarily allow you to minimize the app or lock your screen.
    07-13-17 10:30 AM
    Install SuperTube app if you have a BB10 device.
    For Android, install OGYouTube or Newpipe.
    07-13-17 10:31 AM
    Install SuperTube app if you have a BB10 device.
    For Android, install OGYouTube or Newpipe.
    OGYouTube will let you tile the video to the background for multitasking on your phone but it won't let you lock your screen. The app gets disrupted like all other apps when you try and lock your device.

It's a real bummer that Google is forcing this change on everyone. Real douch move.
    07-15-17 08:04 AM
    OGYouTube will let you tile the video to the background for multitasking on your phone but it won't let you lock your screen. The app gets disrupted like all other apps when you try and lock your device.

It's a real bummer that Google is forcing this change on everyone. Real douch move.
    I played/listened to the latest CrackBerry podcast a few hours ago while I was at the gym. Phone was in my pocket and the screen was off/locked.
    Maybe you're doing it wrong. After playing the video you need to tap on "Background" first before locking the screen.
    07-15-17 11:30 AM
    Use desktop mode on BB10 browser.
    07-15-17 11:33 AM
    I played/listened to the latest CrackBerry podcast a few hours ago while I was at the gym. Phone was in my pocket and the screen was off/locked.
    Maybe you're doing it wrong. After playing the video you need to tap on "Background" first before locking the screen.
    I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I play the video I want. I can minimize to a tile and move it around my Priv home screen. But as soon as I hit the lock key to shut off the screen, the app stops.
    07-15-17 09:32 PM
    I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I play the video I want. I can minimize to a tile and move it around my Priv home screen. But as soon as I hit the lock key to shut off the screen, the app stops.
    That's really odd. Just tested it now on all my Android devices (Sony Xperia Z3/Acer & Asus tablets). Same as before, videos played flawlessly in the background and also while the screen was off/locked.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-15-17 at 11:32 PM.
    07-15-17 10:28 PM