Hey guys I am Ak from India and want to know your opinion on what should I buy a priv or a passport?
    I am a student and as the people blindly trust their smartphones it should be trustworthy. BB surely does that(providing security). I use my phone for about 3-5 hours a day(during on screen work). Don't use instagram,Spotify, snapchat etc do not even play games. My apps are limited upto Facebook, WhatsApp, calls and SMS. I love listening music and have a pretty large collection and doest compromise for quality. I love taking pictures too but no selfies. I am not used to large displays and feel comfortable upto 4.7". I do Web browsing often to get information and maybe turn up to creating projects soon. I love Blackberry. My last BB device was 9800 torch. listening to music is my priority.
    There is a large difference in price here:
    Passport for $280(lowest) - $340(highest)
    Priv: $477
    please help me up!
    03-27-17 04:47 PM
    Of those two, Priv.
    03-27-17 05:58 PM
    Priv is my options

Raam.Z30
    03-28-17 05:51 AM
    I've had both and if you like and are use to blackberry 10 then go with passport but if you want to be able to have apps then go with priv also I've sold the priv as like blackberry 10 and gone back to this as it's easy as long as you don't need the popular apps so I would say passport

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 06:14 AM
    In my opinion, the priv is the only real option. Your whatsapp will cease to work (most likely) to get a fb app other than the browser you will need the fb lite apk from android. If you get the priv you won't need workarounds and patches to get everything working it will just do what every other major phone can do. The ecosystem is key for ease of use. And the priv has it
    03-28-17 07:32 AM
    Wait for keyone. It will be available next month.

Posted via passport
    03-29-17 03:54 AM
    KEYone as the priv's battery life and keyboard are subpar. I've sold my Priv in anticipation of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 10:18 AM
    I would lean towards PRIV, especially since WhatsApp is dying on BB10.

I can't agree with the last poster about battery being sub-par - based on the usage you're describing you should do OK for battery unless you are streaming music - that can eat up battery (although Slacker seems to be reasonable).

Keyboard is rather subjective: I came from a Classic to a PRIV. Classic's KB better, but the PRIV isn't a disaster.
    KeyONE would likely be a better keyboard, but cost will likely be a big factor for you there.

Note that if your last BB was a 9810 (I had one and LOVED it) then the size of ANY of these phones will be a shock.
    The PRIV feels a bit like the 9810, but is much larger. The Passport, of course, is HUGE in width.

In summary, if WhatsApp is a necessity for you then you are pretty much going to have to go Android.
    03-31-17 11:10 AM