My Z30 work phone recently downloaded and installed the new 10.3.3 update (1463, I believe) in early February. The phone has now become unusable - I can see but cannot open any messages (emails, texts, etc.) via the Hub or otherwise, cannot open any apps whatsoever (including Contacts or Settings) on either side of the Balance partition, cannot unlock my work account, etc. and there is rapid battery drain with high heat.

Attempts to access the phone via the Link manager are unsuccessful due to it either failing to be recognized as a device or rapidly connecting and disconnecting to the computer.

When I contacted my company's IT support unit, they informed me there are "known issues" with the 10.3.3 update; this was news to me. And their response to my service request was to start the process to issue me a new device!

Has ANYONE out there heard anything about "known issues" with the 10.3.3 update of the nature I've described above?
    Sick Viscous likes this.
    02-11-17 06:59 PM
    The issue with OS 10.3.3 is that it has not shown on my Z10STL100-2 yet.

Posted via CB10 on my  Z10
    md bablu likes this.
    02-11-17 07:55 PM
    Yes. It's a 1.6GB 'update' that brings nothing but NIAAP certification and a lot of bugs and issues. It is the latest in a long line of incompetent software releases from Chen's 'software company'.
    02-11-17 08:40 PM
    Only problem I had was the bluetooth to my car stopped working. But I deleted the connect and re-paired the device. No other issues or problems on my end.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-11-17 08:48 PM
    Following up on my original post, just to close the loop here... only solution was a complete security wipe. I did it on my own time and I was barely able to pull it off due to intermittent connectivity with Link and repeated error messages requiring multiple restarts of the process.

Sad to say I'll be upgrading/switching to a different device (likely a Samsung). This is after about a decade of sticking with BB as a loyal user. Over the years I had learned to live with the relatively slow performance, device features that lagged behind those of competitors, the lack of support, the weird glitches and the various compatibility issues that had me scouring the Internet (and these very forums) in search of workarounds and DIY fixes in an ongoing effort to integrate with the other devices in my work and personal network. Unfortunately, after this latest experience I'm done at last.

Time to move on...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-12-17 06:35 PM
    Jshanks40........can't agree more and could not have said it any better.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 06:34 PM
    Update on this......after going through, deleting all apps that relate to the Bluetooth, backing up as much as I could to the SD card, and then used Sachesi to re-install new copies of the OS.......still no luck. The slider for the Bluetooth will not stay on. I guess now is the time to decide to completely do a reset and reinstall once more just to see if that fixes it, but I don't have much hope in it. It may be time for a nice, new, Samsung device......even though that is almost the last thing I want to do. The last thing would be to bow to the fruit company.
    02-14-17 05:41 PM
    Egad. I wish I had checked the forums and read this post before allowing the update to run on my Z10. BB Link shows the update was completed successfully, but the phone seems to be bricked. It will not boot. Just displaying "BlackBerry" on the screen for the last half hour.

I've stuck with BlackBerry since the Storm. Whether or not I can get this phone to start working again, I swear I am done. I will never own another BackBerry device.
    02-18-17 09:32 AM
    Does this issue cause problems with every BB10 device equally? Has anyone been advised to put off (or avoid entirely) the 10.3.3 OS by BlackBerry support or just word of mouth? Maybe I'm confused (as usual) over the purpose of the 10.3.3 update in the 1st place, but it seems like the only reason to even consider it is if you use your BlackBerry in a highly secure environment and therefore need the new certification ability. It certainly sounds like the average users won't ever get any benefit from it to justify the risk of bricking a device that was working just fine before the update. Am I missing something?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    02-18-17 10:37 AM
    I have 2 Passports and a Classic updated to 10.3.3.1463 and after a repairing a couple bluetooth connections, resetting a couple WiFi connections and a couple hard restarts all are running fast and smooth. Browser seems smoother, and phones seem have a little better battery life. Also, the couple Android apps I have seem to be running better. Passports are Shop BlackBerry on AT&T, and Classic is Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 01:08 PM
    After the update, i had a device password lock.. which i did not know ofc. So i had crap to.. couldnt backup or connect or get rid of it. And also now that i have a new SIM-card, i have a lot of issues with verification and im missing "protocols" and identification certificates, and cant get in amazon appstore or amazone itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:18 AM
    Yeah i have a Blackberry Classic by the way. Sorry new to the crackberry app xD

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:20 AM
    I had an even worst problem. After the update my Passport I started having issues. Attachments blocking email outpost, battery draining, information disappearing. After a number of attempts to fix it I decided to go for a Factory reset. My Passport entered a wireless out loop. I tried everything . Letting the battery run out, removing cards, even a autoloader. Nothing: the phone is blocked in error 0015. I had to return it. I think that until further notice no one should update. 10.03.2 was fine. I also think BlackBerry should do something about it. An update that blocks the phone, unexisting support? C'mmon!?
    What are the known issues with the 10.3.3 update?-img_20170212_233530.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 05:32 PM
    So far, I've only experienced trouble with this update... I'm an MDM admin at a large company. As of today, I've had a Z30 that no longer displays the keyboard, a few bberrors, a Z30, Passport and a Classic all get stuck at 100% after the upgrade.

Does anyone have solutions as to how to fix any of this?
    02-21-17 08:33 AM
    I saw a post a while back that said something about some apps that didn't work any more or something along those lines. The poster was unhappy when they were told that once you updated to 10.3 it wasn't possible to return to 10.2, so I am curious about what (if any) real functional differences are people finding with 10.3? I've read that the only thing that is different is a set of updates that only make a difference if you are running in a corporate type situation that needs to have the latest security items to be certified. Those wouldn't make a difference for me since I am a single user and only sync with my laptop.

Am I misinformed? What pro or con have been cropping up so far? I'm not worried about any social media apps getting shut down as I have none, and the same thing for games. I just wanted to know about the core functions of my Q10. Thanks in advance for any input!

03-03-17 08:06 AM
    My issue is LINK, can't get it to work any more with my computer..... it was working with an earlier version of 10.3.3, but after the Verizon update it no longer is. But that's also about the time my PC installed a one of the latest Insider Preview of Windows 10.
    03-03-17 08:25 AM
    The worst annoyance I encountered with 10.3.3 on my SE PP is that some apps (banking, frequent flyer, fm radio..) simply do not connect anymore. Tried everything, from security wipe to autoloader, patching or even sideloading 10.3.2 android runtime, no luck. One of this app is Tune In Radio. Not that I need it, but I believe if someone gets to have this app connecting in 10.3.3, then I could try and apply the solution to my other apps not connecting. I was just too quick in upgrading, my bad, and I deeply regret it. I should have stayed on 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 08:25 AM
    Dunt, thanks for an intelligent response! I've been using CB for about 4 years and you are one of the posters that actively use this forum the right way! When you have a useful answer you give it, when you have a problem you succinctly state it and ask others for input, and most importantly you don't act like a troll, or make fun of users who DON'T KNOW something, which is why they came here to learn! I try to give help when I can and if I have a problem I've found that most (but not all) of the folks here have mostly tried to help others.

So does anyone know of any good reasons for non-Enterprise users to install this "update"?

03-04-17 12:18 AM
    On my Z30, I'm dealing with an app that worked fine before the "upgrade" but now gives me an internet error connection message when I try to use it. So frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 09:12 PM
    I don't know if you've had a resolution to your problem with the 10.3.3 update BUT I had the same problem but I was able to get my device (Silver Passport) back up and running by using the Autoloader from the developer's microsite - link below

"Updating the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Software - Download for Windows - BlackBerry Developer"

1. Open the above link
    2. Select the right OS for your device
    3. Download to your PC
    4. Once the download is completed
    5. Connect your device to your PC by usb cable
    6. Ensure you close out of BBLink or any BB desktop software you may have open
    7. Go to the download location for step 3 above (you may have to unblock the download depending on your antivirus software)
    8. Double click the downloaded autoloader file
    9. You will get a CMD pop-up with the message - "connecting to bootrom..."

just leave you device connected until that process completes and your device loads to 1st time setup

From here on, you can reload back to whatever OS version you want... but beware that you won't be able to downgrade your OS past version 10.3.2.xxxx (i.e. the lowest downgrade you can go to once you've installed 10.3.3 or 10.3.2 from the above link is a 10.3.2 version)

I hope it helps you or anyone else that runs into this problem
    05-05-17 03:34 PM
    Hi

I had the same problem with this update but I was able to resolve mine.

Have you found a resolution yet? If not here's how I resolved mine:
    1. Went to BlackBerry developers microfine Updating the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device Software - Download for Windows - BlackBerry Developer

2. I selected the correct autoloader for my device which is a BBpassport (SQW100-4) - it's worth noting that
    3. Downloaded to my pc
    4. Once download was completed - I connected my device to my laptop
    5. Closed out of BBlink (it auto launches each time I connect my device)
    6. Went into my downloads folder (this was where I downloaded the autoloader)
    7. Double-clicked the file to kick off the process
    8. A command prompt window opens with the message "connecting to bootrom... "

At this point I left the device connected and let the process finish and my device was restored to a usable state.

I have since loaded the official BBOS for my carrier
    PS: you can't downgrade below version 10.3.2.xxx following your use of the autoloader on the devalpha_update.html site above

BUT I'm not sure why anyone would want to go lower than 10.3.2.xx

All the best, I hope this helps you and / or anyone else who runs into this issue
    JECE likes this.
    05-05-17 04:43 PM
    I suggest you look at the thread "should I give up my Classic for a Priv" from yesterday. I started this thread but haven't gotten any real feedback, but not only did I see more than one user sticking to BB10 OS and also warning of big issues with 10.3.3, saying that it too won't allow you to downgrade to avoid it's problems if you don't like the next iteration. You'll just be stuck with it.

BB10 OS Forever! (or as close as I can come anyway! )

05-12-17 06:50 PM
    Does this issue cause problems with every BB10 device equally? Has anyone been advised to put off (or avoid entirely) the 10.3.3 OS by BlackBerry support or just word of mouth? Maybe I'm confused (as usual) over the purpose of the 10.3.3 update in the 1st place, but it seems like the only reason to even consider it is if you use your BlackBerry in a highly secure environment and therefore need the new certification ability. It certainly sounds like the average users won't ever get any benefit from it to justify the risk of bricking a device that was working just fine before the update. Am I missing something?

This is what I've understood as well. I've left all my BB10 devices on 10.3.2. I don't need the (NIAP?) certification.
    05-12-17 06:59 PM
    Neither do I tend to guess 75% of BlackBerry users who aren't deep fields both technical and classified!

05-12-17 07:31 PM
    Hello all,
    About the 10.3.3 build 1435 update on my Z10 STL100-2, here's what i have to share.
    It was an update that went smooth as the latest's ones.
    After it has rebooted, everything is working as usual.
    First downside i've notice is some contacts missing.... and i'm guessing, i wondering recover them...
    I'm mad, cause i don’t know what contacts are missing.... so far i found 1 contact missing . But i guess there's more....
    I'm sure i'll find out what other things arent'n working.
    After allmost 10 years using BlackBerry devices, i guess it's time to switch to a new brand.

It's sad, because i liked very much the BlackBerry devices, despite all the lack of supported apps....
    10-26-17 02:55 PM
57 123