before i buy another blackberry would like to know how long it's life span will be ?
    11-28-18 10:21 AM
    There's no definitive answer there. If you buy it, get it home and open it by the pool and accidentally drop it in, the lifespan is however it long it took for you to drop it into the pool. If you buy one, never take it out of the box and leave it in a drawer, the life span is going to be longer.
    the_boon and ppeters914 like this.
    11-28-18 01:35 PM
    There's no definitive answer there. If you buy it, get it home and open it by the pool and accidentally drop it in, the lifespan is however it long it took for you to drop it into the pool. If you buy one, never take it out of the box and leave it in a drawer, the life span is going to be longer.
    Maybe he/she means in terms of software updates and support ?
    11-28-18 01:37 PM
    Maybe he/she means in terms of software updates and support ?
    Maybe. In any case, 2 years minimum from the time of release with security updates on a 90-day or less schedule.
    11-28-18 01:41 PM
    Maybe. In any case, 2 years minimum from the time of release with security updates on a 90-day or less schedule.
    When one looks at it in that manner, it is hardly worth the expenditure for something so pricey.

Q10 Powered
    11-29-18 06:28 AM
    When one looks at it in that manner, it is hardly worth the expenditure for something so pricey.

Q10 Powered
    If you want a PKB... it's part of the price you'll pay.

For the KEYone... it's coming up on the end of it's life cycle pretty soon, so probable not worth it if you want the latest OS and all the security patches.
    11-29-18 08:25 AM
    Android Enterprise says 3 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    11-29-18 09:18 AM
    The new Rugged Devices section requires 5 Years.... wonder if that will change for the non-rugged devices?

But I doubt some of those rugged devices(still on Android 7) get a feature update, much less five years of security patches...
    11-29-18 09:48 AM
    I would have to think that this has been decided to coincide with carrier device upgrade policies more than cost of minor Security updates to to an aged OS past the 2-3 year mark. No reason at all it could not be extended but hey, they are in the business of making money not people happy
    11-29-18 10:58 AM
    I would have to think that this has been decided to coincide with carrier device upgrade policies more than cost of minor Security updates to to an aged OS past the 2-3 year mark. No reason at all it could not be extended but hey, they are in the business of making money not people happy
    It's why enterprise still buys Apple... might pay more up front, but has a much longer life as a product.
    11-29-18 11:08 AM
    It's why enterprise still buys Apple... might pay more up front, but has a much longer life as a product.
    Doesn't it come out to the same at the end then ?
    11-29-18 12:24 PM
    Doesn't it come out to the same at the end then ?

The reality is in the US, Enterprise doesn't pay retail for smartphones. Carriers usually offer them with pretty steep subsidies. Key2 cost a couple hundred more than an iPhone 8 starting out.

One reason that Carrier support was a key sign of BBMo getting any real success with enterprise here.

Support is the other... big difference in a next day replacement and two week replacement.
    11-29-18 12:58 PM
    Following this discussion is kinda depressing. Thought my KEYone would last awhile but already having problems. I remember I loved my Storm 2 and worked it hard until I freely decided to upgrade. Oh well. I've grown dependent on being productive with a smart phone. If I just wanted to make phone calls I could have stayed with the Classic.
    12-08-18 11:18 PM
    Following this discussion is kinda depressing. Thought my KEYone would last awhile but already having problems. I remember I loved my Storm 2 and worked it hard until I freely decided to upgrade. Oh well. I've grown dependent on being productive with a smart phone. If I just wanted to make phone calls I could have stayed with the Classic.
    What problems is your KEYone having ?
    12-11-18 08:51 PM
    I had to do a factory reset today. The KEYone had stop opening some apps, couldn't update nor install new apps. it's working good following the reset.
    KD07 likes this.
    12-11-18 11:10 PM
    Unless you have the K1 Verizon variant . . .
    12-12-18 09:43 AM