Chris,

I asked Rene and then I asked Dan, NOW I ask you! What's the deal, what keeps you motivated. Why do you do this? How did you get started in the tech business. Is there anyone that helped to get you started. (I guess this is kind of obvious, CrackBerryKevin, Kevin Michaluk, but anyone else)

What's your "superhero" origin story! lol
    01-24-17 10:12 AM
    I used to work at AT&T customer care doing regular customer service around the time the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 launched. At that point, it was the first BlackBerry that didn't look like a typical BlackBerry and I had to have it. Eventually I got one, became pretty fascinated with all things BlackBerry and began helping out here and there. Eventually, I made my way to Teir III Data Support at AT&T and learned a ton of stuff only deepening my interest in tech and such.

By that time, I had posted so much on here in a short amount of time that I had caught Kevin's attention and, with the site still growing at that point, was asked if I wanted to help out with a few articles here and there. Since then (2007), I've always just been around and Kevin never told me to go away, so here I stay and I'm grateful for the chance Kevin, CrackBerry and Mobile Nations have given me. I honestly never thought that this is what I would be doing but I enjoy every minute of it.

As for why? Well, I love it. I love tech. I love interacting with people and it just so happens that this opportunity taps into so much more than 'tech' but still remains technical, it's just a great experience to have. Plus, you know, not wearing pants to work is dope lol. Truth be told, I haven't had a lot of jobs in my life. I've worked in restaurants, data support and here and this is by far the most rewarding all around.
    01-24-17 11:06 AM
    I've always enjoyed Ba1ze's input. Although he does seem pretty down on BlackBerry sometimes haha. Like us all I'm sure.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-24-17 11:15 AM
    I've always enjoyed Ba1ze's input. Although he does seem pretty down on BlackBerry sometimes haha. Like us all I'm sure.
    Everyone has their moments. Would you really want someone praising EVERYTHING they do? Plus, I do just toss out jokes a lot that maybe some don't pick up the lulz on.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-24-17 11:22 AM
    Well, A long long time ago in an OS far far away.......
    I was looking for anything Blackberry and I doodled BB tweaks and it took me to BBTweaks.com where John Porter and friends were creating Hybrids. They had a pretty nice set up but weren't really interested in attracting a lot of people. I donated to the cause and after some inquirers I was told they're not looking for any administrator help or any help at all. But, I immediately took to the process involved in creating Hybrids and they immediately took to my Off the wall comedy.
    10 days later they gave me full Administrative access with the agreement that I added a column to the Home page for my brand of news, reviews and comments.
    I ended up redesigning the entire website and two other sites (I'll be damned if i can remember their names) that were doing almost what we were doing but using our hybrids, both offered me my own column on there sites and offered to pay me. But, I had to turn them down because If I excepted money I'd be working for them and I wouldn''t have total creative freedom.
    Anyway, then came OS7 and the end of Hybrids as we knew them and completely by accident I came upon Crackberry and quickly realized that the latest generation of geeks were void of any visible sense of humor and I was collecting infractions like I was being rewarded for using myself as the comic relief when i saw so much useless arguing but soon realized that the mods didn't "get" my humorous sarcasm but finally after a few mandatory vacations and my opening conversations with everyone they did finally give me enough bungee cord to hang myself with , with out the actually hanging but a lot of bouncing and would caution me from time to time that a post wasn't quite family friendly enough and for a while things were going great and then came the (Echo)ANDROID CENTRAL mods and in one day racked up so many infractions and a three day vacation that It took two of those days to figure out what happened.
    Anyway, I've always simply read The Manual of whatever I was into and that continued here as I've always had Blackberry's and I just started helping people with real issues or trying to derailing a thread where there was so much arguing over the color or name of a device that it needed a moment of comic relief and I eventually found my nitch to keep it with in the bounds of "family friendly" until the last few week where I took the liberty of the much needed wake up call to some of these kids arguing about their privacy at the border and so on.
    And, I don't know how Bla1ze or thurask are behind the scenes but I feel somewhat responsible for them "coming out" and for the soul purpose of posting a joke of sorts.
    Bla1ze is funny yet conservative but thurask has such a dark sarcasm to his humor that along with his Avatar which gives no hint of who he is, he even scares me and I don't believe that more than a handful of folks here even realize what he even means let alone understand that it's humor.
    Anyway, although I can't seen to get the right attention like a badge that says Ignore me, I'm the Comic Relief, I can't complain because to my surprise, no one has asked me to leave, yet.
    Anyway, to answer the question... I'm my own super hero because You have to believe in yourself before you can believe outside yourself.
    And while I still happily use my Passport I'm feeling very hopeful that the soon to be named with the soon to have a working OS , for now I'll refer to as the Generic Device will be a REAL First for a device that holds the Blackberry name.
    In the meantime, I'll continue to cause controversy and cloud the issues whenever or wherever needed while helping people with issues that require my tender touch.

I seriously want to thank all of you Berry Cracked Ones for letting me be a part of this totally far out city with all the unique villages.
    My only concern is how much different Android Central is. I accidently suddenly found myself all along on their home page but pulled it together real quickly and just said, Hi, I'm just on my way over to the golf club house and off i went.
    Which brings me to a question while I have your attention. Since Crackberry has got a new upgrade, would it be too late to install a bowling alley??
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-24-17 at 01:18 PM.
    anon(3641385), Sairos and Carjackd like this.
    01-24-17 12:34 PM
    Well, A long long time ago in an OS far far away....... [snip]

......Crackberry and quickly realized that the latest generation of geeks were void of any visible sense of humor and I was collecting infractions like I was being rewarded for using myself as the comic relief when i saw so much useless arguing but soon realized that the mods didn't "get" my humorous sarcasm but finally after a few mandatory vacations and my opening conversations with everyone they did finally give me enough bungee cord to hang myself with.....

Wasn't the Mod Team Leader at the time (fairly good sense of humor himself) pretty decent with you?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-24-17 02:44 PM
    Lostboy you're a hoot ...... (no big smilies possible, sending from cb app)

This thread appears to have been started to enable blaize to tell his bit, and on you come and sprout your stuff!

And your story is interesting ..... And yes to more humour ....
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-24-17 10:55 PM
    Wasn't the Mod Team Leader at the time (fairly good sense of humor himself) pretty decent with you?
    Decent isn't exactly the word I would have chosen but it is family friendly so I'll go with it.
    YOU and everyone have been extremely wonderful to me and I took my points with a smile and always made it a point to apologize for having put the mod in the uncomfortable position of having to show me favouritizm over others by giving me more infractions. At that time, in my early days, my intentions were to just create a diversion from all the negativity, not realizing that I was seen as probably the worst troublemaker to come along ... ever, and if not for replying and talking to a Mod here and Mod there and eventually a mod everywhere, I surely wouldn't have lasted through the week. Once you realized my intentions, one of you did a kindness by not putting me through the "Family Friendly" tour of The Nations Book of Rules, As the conversation continued I was reminded of several people who seemed to just leave one weekend only to finally hear someone say "hey, whatever happened to so-and so? At which point, I was given THE virtual tour deep into the bowels of the wrong side of the Nations tracks where those that had disappeared were sent to live in a room full of old rotary dial phones that rang until they were broken into a state of total obedience. (the horror..the horror) Well, that's how I remember it, but it was long ago and now I can't remember what i had for breakfast.
    Anyway, I have all you guys to thank for making me who i am today. (I think!)
    And for what it's worth, I must have listened because no one has asked me to leave.... yet!!

Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-25-17 at 02:17 AM.
    pkcable and Carjackd like this.
    01-25-17 01:02 AM
    Thanks PK. You are quite the decent fellow!
    and thank you for putting up with my sometimes over the top antics.
    02-15-17 07:17 AM
    Thanks PK. You are quite the decent fellow!
    and thank you for putting up with my sometimes over the top antics.
    I think tolerate is the word you are looking for , not that you're ever short on words
    Last edited by Carjackd; 02-15-17 at 08:13 AM.
    02-15-17 07:24 AM
    I think tolerate is the word you are looking for , not that you're ever short on words
    I'll give you that! If anyone knows about being tolerated......
    and what have I told about thinking!!! You'll only hurt yourself!

Leave the thinking to me. I am PUPPAH !!
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-18-17 02:04 PM
    I used to work at AT&T customer care doing regular customer service around the time the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 launched. At that point, it was the first BlackBerry that didn't look like a typical BlackBerry and I had to have it. Eventually I got one, became pretty fascinated with all things BlackBerry and began helping out here and there. Eventually, I made my way to Teir III Data Support at AT&T and learned a ton of stuff only deepening my interest in tech and such.

By that time, I had posted so much on here in a short amount of time that I had caught Kevin's attention and, with the site still growing at that point, was asked if I wanted to help out with a few articles here and there. Since then (2007), I've always just been around and Kevin never told me to go away, so here I stay and I'm grateful for the chance Kevin, CrackBerry and Mobile Nations have given me. I honestly never thought that this is what I would be doing but I enjoy every minute of it.

As for why? Well, I love it. I love tech. I love interacting with people and it just so happens that this opportunity taps into so much more than 'tech' but still remains technical, it's just a great experience to have. Plus, you know, not wearing pants to work is dope lol. Truth be told, I haven't had a lot of jobs in my life. I've worked in restaurants, data support and here and this is by far the most rewarding all around.
    Pearl 8100 was awesome!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 08:22 PM
    Must be nice. Where I work, it's highly frowned upon to show up without pants.
    02-18-17 09:42 PM
    When do you think bb10 will get dark theme hub? Lolz
    02-18-17 09:50 PM
    Well, A long long time ago in an OS far far away.......
    I was looking for anything Blackberry and I doodled BB tweaks and it took me to BBTweaks.com where John Porter and friends were creating Hybrids. They had a pretty nice set up but weren't really interested in attracting a lot of people. I donated to the cause and after some inquirers I was told they're not looking for any administrator help or any help at all. But, I immediately took to the process involved in creating Hybrids and they immediately took to my Off the wall comedy.
    10 days later they gave me full Administrative access with the agreement that I added a column to the Home page for my brand of news, reviews and comments.
    I ended up redesigning the entire website and two other sites (I'll be damned if i can remember their names) that were doing almost what we were doing but using our hybrids, both offered me my own column on there sites and offered to pay me. But, I had to turn them down because If I excepted money I'd be working for them and I wouldn''t have total creative freedom.
    Anyway, then came OS7 and the end of Hybrids as we knew them and completely by accident I came upon Crackberry and quickly realized that the latest generation of geeks were void of any visible sense of humor and I was collecting infractions like I was being rewarded for using myself as the comic relief when i saw so much useless arguing but soon realized that the mods didn't "get" my humorous sarcasm but finally after a few mandatory vacations and my opening conversations with everyone they did finally give me enough bungee cord to hang myself with , with out the actually hanging but a lot of bouncing and would caution me from time to time that a post wasn't quite family friendly enough and for a while things were going great and then came the (Echo)ANDROID CENTRAL mods and in one day racked up so many infractions and a three day vacation that It took two of those days to figure out what happened.
    Anyway, I've always simply read The Manual of whatever I was into and that continued here as I've always had Blackberry's and I just started helping people with real issues or trying to derailing a thread where there was so much arguing over the color or name of a device that it needed a moment of comic relief and I eventually found my nitch to keep it with in the bounds of "family friendly" until the last few week where I took the liberty of the much needed wake up call to some of these kids arguing about their privacy at the border and so on.
    And, I don't know how Bla1ze or thurask are behind the scenes but I feel somewhat responsible for them "coming out" and for the soul purpose of posting a joke of sorts.
    Bla1ze is funny yet conservative but thurask has such a dark sarcasm to his humor that along with his Avatar which gives no hint of who he is, he even scares me and I don't believe that more than a handful of folks here even realize what he even means let alone understand that it's humor.
    Anyway, although I can't seen to get the right attention like a badge that says Ignore me, I'm the Comic Relief, I can't complain because to my surprise, no one has asked me to leave, yet.
    Anyway, to answer the question... I'm my own super hero because You have to believe in yourself before you can believe outside yourself.
    And while I still happily use my Passport I'm feeling very hopeful that the soon to be named with the soon to have a working OS , for now I'll refer to as the Generic Device will be a REAL First for a device that holds the Blackberry name.
    In the meantime, I'll continue to cause controversy and cloud the issues whenever or wherever needed while helping people with issues that require my tender touch.

I seriously want to thank all of you Berry Cracked Ones for letting me be a part of this totally far out city with all the unique villages.
    My only concern is how much different Android Central is. I accidently suddenly found myself all along on their home page but pulled it together real quickly and just said, Hi, I'm just on my way over to the golf club house and off i went.
    Which brings me to a question while I have your attention. Since Crackberry has got a new upgrade, would it be too late to install a bowling alley??
    Attached Thumbnails What inspires you to cover BlackBerry and run CrackBerry?-1724.jpg  
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-18-17 09:54 PM
    Lol I laugh in the face of danger !
    02-19-17 06:58 AM