So just interested in knowing your thoughts regarding the April security patch only being released for the DTEK50 and not the 60 and Priv (weird) and no confirmation regarding nougat (Also that BlackBerry has shut down their beta zone for OS updates).
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 02:24 AM
    04-15-17 02:28 AM
    That's been addressed by Bla1ze over here /blackberry-priv-f440/im-getting-sinking-feeling-1105528/
    Have been following the thread but don't see anything about nougat. And yes I know april isn't over but I was asking more in the terms that what could possibly be the reason that the DTEK50 has gotten it and the others haven't.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 08:47 AM
    - The security update rollouts have always been a bit weird anyway, I dunno why people are all up in arms about it now. Delays, albeit short, have happened before. People are just running around like a chicken with its head cut off speculating whatever because it coincides with the Beta Zone news. If May comes and you don't have an update and you're running a ShopBB device, then that'll be the time really wonder what's up.

- Nougat - Nothing has changed from what was known before to now lol. Again, people are correlating once incident (beta zone closing) to another (nougat not coming) when in reality nothing has changed in that respect. There was no news about Nougat three weeks ago, and there's no news about Nougat now. Nothing has changed. Except for people's patience and perceptions of what it all means lol.
    04-16-17 05:42 AM
    - The security update rollouts have always been a bit weird anyway, I dunno why people are all up in arms about it now. Delays, albeit short, have happened before. People are just running around like a chicken with its head cut off speculating whatever because it coincides with the Beta Zone news. If May comes and you don't have an update and you're running a ShopBB device, then that'll be the time really wonder what's up.

- Nougat - Nothing has changed from what was known before to now lol. Again, people are correlating once incident (beta zone closing) to another (nougat not coming) when in reality nothing has changed in that respect. There was no news about Nougat three weeks ago, and there's no news about Nougat now. Nothing has changed. Except for people's patience and perceptions of what it all means lol.
    Agreed. But BlackBerry is aware that their users/supporters are impatient and voicing their anger. They could have released a statement or address something. Ignoring BlackBerry supporters will only push them away. I consider myself a very patient person, but we did not deserve such silence from BlackBerry.
    04-17-17 08:41 PM