I had a Passport and it died. I bought a Key2, but it doesn't speak to the BB Link (which seems to be totally disabled). How do I access my last back up file? Ive been told I need a converter, but which one? Desperate to recover 2000+ contacts and any photos I can. Thanks PS - The new Key2 is the most annoying phone ever. Trying hard not to buy an iPhone
    10-08-18 06:32 PM
    BB Link is only for BB 10 devices. You cannot connect your your Key 2 to bb link. As for contacts, you have to boot up your passport again and transfer the .vcf file with all the contacts to your key 2 via blue tooth.

Sent from my long lived BlackBerry 9780 over Tapatalk
    10-08-18 08:40 PM
    I had a Passport and it died. I bought a Key2, but it doesn't speak to the BB Link (which seems to be totally disabled). How do I access my last back up file? Ive been told I need a converter, but which one? Desperate to recover 2000+ contacts and any photos I can. Thanks PS - The new Key2 is the most annoying phone ever. Trying hard not to buy an iPhone
    You can't decrypt a Link backup.

As advised, you need another BB10 device if you never used the cloud to sync contacts.
    10-08-18 09:08 PM