A few weeks ago I received a replacement device from BB for a bad pkb. I just found out that the device they gave me is uncertified (meaning it doesn't get updates and is considered not secure). After talking to Blackberry they are sending me a second replacement device. Yay!

My K1 has experienced a few scratches via a drop recently. Aside from the back panel being slightly damaged the phone has some very light scratches on the top frame and at the bottom (honestly u can barely see all of it though u can feel the back panel being slightly sharp sometimes).

Do you think this wear and tear constitutes "damage" that can void my warranty? When they talked about warranty they talked about the screen and altering but not nicks. I'm a little afraid they'll try to not honor my warranty and charge my card. (That would suck).
    Last edited by Byrese; 12-21-17 at 09:02 PM.
    12-21-17 07:06 PM
    A few weeks ago I received a replacement device from BB for a bad pkb. I just found out that the device they gave me is uncertified (meaning it doesn't get updates and is considered not secure). After talking to Blackberry they are sending me a second replacement device. Yay!

My K1 has experienced a few scratches via a drop recently. Aside from the back panel being slightly damaged the phone has some very light scratches on the top frame and at the bottom (honestly u can barely see all of it though u can feel the back panel being slightly sharp sometimes).

Do you think this wear and tear constitutes "damage" that can void my warranty? When they talked about warranty they talked about the screen and altering but not nicks. I'm a little afraid they'll try to not honor my warranty and charge my card. (That would suck).
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa78ca4bba.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9cace0299b.jpg
    Since no one has answered, I'll suggest that it is entirely dependent on BBMob and whoever inspects the unit. And whether the damage, as small as it might be, might be related to the warranty issue.

Good luck.
    12-22-17 08:38 AM
    I will say that in another thread I read, a user broke their front camera lense on the KEYone, and was told it wasn't covered by warranty due to it being damaged by "neglect". Without much choice the OP went ahead and sent the phone in for repair - without knowing what it would even cost.

Got the phone back with a new lenses and No Charge....

That said, it might depend on the person that looks at your phone and what mood they are in that day.

If the reason your sending this phone back is due to it being a replacement that doesn't get updates, I doubt it would be an issue that you dropped the phone a scuffed it up a little.
    12-22-17 08:49 AM