Someone can go back to MY phone, MY BBM messages, say anything they want then arbitrarily retract their part of the conversation without my knowledge or consent? Does anyone else see the ramifications of this feature? Threats, harassment, stalking, legal issues - go ahead and say what you want 'cause then you can simply "retract" it? Not cool Blackberry and not thought through. My phone, my data, my conversations. You send it, I read it - it's MINE unless I give consent.
    04-28-16 01:32 PM
    Use a password and nobody is sending stuff on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 02:03 PM
    They were thinking that other are doing it and that they are seeing success doing it....

Threats, harassment, stalking... you delete that contact, you don't have to put up with that stuff.

Legal Issues... ask a lawyer about using IM as part of a legal case.
    04-28-16 02:08 PM
    You can only retract if someone hasn't read it yet.

Posted via CB10
    rusty502 and BlueTom316 like this.
    04-28-16 02:12 PM
    Someone can go back to MY phone, MY BBM messages, say anything they want then arbitrarily retract their part of the conversation without my knowledge or consent? Does anyone else see the ramifications of this feature? Threats, harassment, stalking, legal issues - go ahead and say what you want 'cause then you can simply "retract" it? Not cool Blackberry and not thought through. My phone, my data, my conversations. You send it, I read it - it's MINE unless I give consent.
    No. I think the problem in your proposed scenario is that someone else got into YOUR phone in the first place. That problem lies with you since a simple and effective means of preventing that very scenario is provided to you -- device lock.

That same someone with access to your phone (whether via your permission to use the phone or by stealth) could just as easily create havoc (threats, harassment, stalking, etc) by sending regular texts, emails, or messages. Whether they are retracted, deleted or expired is irrelevant.

It is your phone. It is your data. It is your conversation. A retractable message doesn't alter that in even the slightest way.
    rusty502 likes this.
    04-28-16 02:15 PM
    You send it, I read it - it's MINE unless I give consent.
    If I play music and you hear it then is it yours?
    04-28-16 02:28 PM