I just ordered a KEYone BBB100-7, which will be my first Android phone. I don't want to use a Google account, so I will not use their BU service. I use Image for Windows to back up my laptop and wish I could do make the same kind of backup for my phone, i.e., an encrypted system BU to an external USB drive. Any suggestions? The two programs I have found so far are Titanium Backup (which requires rooting the phone) and FonePaw Android Data Backup & Restore. The Titanium BU site clearly says one can restore the entire phone from its BU; not so clear whether this is possible with FonePaw's program. Will appreciate any guidance about these or other programs.
    11-27-18 09:36 AM
    In the user guide it says there is an option to encrypt the backup...

Have heard good things about Titanium Backup, but that's not an option for BlackBerry users. Never heard of FonePaw... MyBackup Pro was one that I have used, but don't remember an encryption option.
    11-27-18 03:01 PM
    Thanks for replying.

Why doesn't Titanium work with KEYone?

My Backup Pro only backs up to cloud or SD card. I don't want to use cloud, and if my phone is stolen, having data on a card inside the phone does me no good.

Except for Titanium, it appears other programs do not back up the OS. Does that mean that if I have been backing up with a program that only backs up the other stuff, in the event that I have to restore the entire phone, I have to first use an autoloader to reinstall Android and then restore the backup? (I am new to smartphones.)

Will appreciate comments from others about FonePaw or other BU programs.

Come to think of it, I don't need the program to encrypt the backups: if I store them on a BitLocker-encrypted partition on a USB drive, they will be protected.
    11-27-18 11:52 PM
    Thanks for replying.

Why doesn't Titanium work with KEYone?

My Backup Pro only backs up to cloud or SD card. I don't want to use cloud, and if my phone is stolen, having data on a card inside the phone does me no good.

Except for Titanium, it appears other programs do not back up the OS. Does that mean that if I have been backing up with a program that only backs up the other stuff, in the event that I have to restore the entire phone, I have to first use an autoloader to reinstall Android and then restore the backup? (I am new to smartphones.)

Will appreciate comments from others about FonePaw or other BU programs.

Come to think of it, I don't need the program to encrypt the backups: if I store them on a BitLocker-encrypted partition on a USB drive, they will be protected.
    Can't root the BlackBerry devices... so you don't have root access as Titanium requires.

Reality is most now use the cloud... as it's always backing things up and it's pretty secure (and encrypted).

I get some don't want to... but that's just how things are made to work. Most the backup options can save your data, but not all you Android or other apps settings or data.
    11-28-18 09:17 AM
    Thanks.
    11-28-18 09:24 AM