Hello Guys,

New to the forum, and also interested in trying BB for the first time :-)

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and interested to move to BB, the reason:

1) I have started to grow so much dislike for Android, which initially was really good until now when the OEMs r pushing so much bloatware into it.

2)Note 2 is really big, though i'm used to it, still would like sometime a bit smaller (want to avoid that silly mound on my pocket lol)

3) I really like the fluidity of the BB10 os and also the gesture based operation.

Need your opinion on which BB to buy for a first timer. I'm not much into silly apps, i play games very occasionally to kill the time (anything would do). I use regular communication apps like facebook, twitter, watsapp, gmail etc. n yes i do browse a lot..

will z30 be a good call? Im a bit skeptical about the size (z10 is unavailable now in my country, i.e India)

Thanks,
    Arnab
    04-08-15 03:56 PM
    If you want an all-touch device, then the Z30 would be the best choice.
    04-08-15 04:04 PM
    It not like that all touch is an absolute requirement. But as I said i browse a lot. Do you suggest for that reason i go for the full touch? Seems like for that I do not have much of a choice as it is the only one available over here (apart from Z3, which is way too low on specs).
    Any comments on the size? is it good enough for one handed use for simple tasks like checking mails, taking and initiating calls etc.?
    04-08-15 04:11 PM
    If you already have a Note 2 (5.5" display), it looks like the physical size of the phone is not a big issue then I would go for the Passport.
    04-08-15 04:14 PM
    You won't go wrong with a Z30 still an excellent phone with great battery power, I have mine for almost 1year never had issues. 18 hours since last charge battery still 30% left standby time 5 hours, including used on wifi and hot spot for ps3 today.
    04-08-15 04:17 PM
    Passport is a good phone, but frankly speaking i'm not much fan of that square design. I really have to use the phone with one hand sometimes (in crowded places). Note 2 is big but its rectangular so i kind of balance it on my hands
    04-08-15 04:22 PM
    Yes i agree, but can i use it one handed for some basic stuff i mentioned? I face a lot of problems with my note 2. Sometimes i have only one hand free for the phone (on public transports). I have to take calls and check on the messages.
    04-08-15 04:27 PM
    The z30 is an amazing device. I have a passport now and often times contemplate switching back to it, though I have now gotten used to the wide screen so I never could go back to a narrow phone
    04-08-15 05:17 PM