First some background. First my wife has a Z10 and i have a Z30. I am a IT person but my wife is not. She uses Wechat , Whatsapp extensively on her Z10, Whereas i use whatever works on my Blackberry Z30. currently that is BBM. I saw that Whatsapp will not be supported after Dec 30th and will cease working on her phone . So my wife does not want to lose Whatsap since most of her friends have it.

Recently i had a similar issue with Wechat where she does not like the Blackberry one, just the android one. So I had to find one that actually worked. None of the more recent android versions of wechat will work on her Z10 by the way. I eventually found one that worked after a couple of hours of work so i rolled her back to that version. She is happy with this.

Before i go through the same procedure for Whatsapp, can someone please tell me which android version of Whatsapp will work with her phone? None of the more recent android ones let her send any images, but texting and chatting works fine.

I realize that is is only a matter of time before EVERYONE stops supporting Android 4.4 with their apps and thus will never work on a Blackberry, but i am trying to get another 6 months out of her phone.

It appears that Blackberry has left us high and dry. I am a loyal blackberry user, but i am Not happy with practically being forced to go to an inferior operating system like Android or IOS. Wake up people just because android is Prettier and has slightly less of a leaning curve does NOT make it a better operating system. I will really miss the gesture based aspect of BB10, and the predictive texting.
    08-01-16 12:43 PM
    after dec of this year, no whatsapp will work on ANY bb phone unless it runs android. So it doesn't matter which version works now. Nothing will work after dec 31, 2016. She needs to switch phones to an Android, Priv, DTEK50 or an iOS to use WHatsapp.

as for now, there are threads that can help you. but i am sure a whatsapp user will let you know which version to try. from what i understand, none of them fully work.
    08-01-16 03:03 PM
    after dec of this year, no whatsapp will work on ANY bb phone unless it runs android. So it doesn't matter which version works now. Nothing will work after dec 31, 2016. She needs to switch phones to an Android, Priv, DTEK50 or an iOS to use WHatsapp.
    Thats incorrect. the BB10 Whatsapp dev stated they just won't support Android WhatsApp on BB10, neither will they ensure compatibility for updates/features going forward, but they aren't going to actively try and lock non-Android phones from WhatApp ala Snapchat. So if you can get it working to ones satisfaction then its good to go. There is also WAA Fixer in the Betazone for media sharing issue.
    08-01-16 03:08 PM
    Try this: You searched for whatsapp - APKMirror

You need to enable installation from unknown sources
    08-01-16 09:05 PM
    Every single one is working. The only single problem I encountered is that media uploading is somewhat buggy. For that, there is WAA fixer from beta zone. I am using android whatsapp from last month and the only problem I encountered is the problem in uploading media files, which can be resolved for now.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 09:32 AM