I would like to install the Western Digital My Cloud App on my PlayBook. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the appropriate App? Also I would be interested in the experiences of others who have run the subject app on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:06 PM
    I downloaded the app for android a while back and converted it to a .bar file and installed it on my playbook.

WD 2go Pro for Playbook and BB10

It works - ok. With Kalemsoft video software, it works pretty well. It plays back MP3 ok, but it is a little flaky at finding where it is playing it if you want to pause or change it.

It does allow connection to skydrive, googledrive and other 3rd party cloud connections, as well.

I'll try to find the link to the software again, but yes, it does work.
    Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 11-26-14 at 07:53 PM. Reason: added link to file
    11-26-14 07:38 PM
    Go to : APK to Bar Online Converter and in the search type in "wd" then you will see 2-3 versions of the app--pick one (or all) and download then load onto your playbook using the Chrome extension on your PC's web browser or use DDPB (which I use). The app works well and I use it all the time as well as its sister app WD Photos which can also be found at the GoodEreader site. Hope this helps!

oops--just checked --WD Photos app is at: PlayBook .apk to .bar converter --just put wd in search again--it is the green and white camera icon. I could not find it on GoodEreader site.
    11-26-14 07:57 PM
    That link is NOT technically correct. I downloaded and converted the 3.0 My Cloud .apk app to a .bar - but I can't seem to find it now. Sorry. I know it's on my PB, and it does work, though.
    11-26-14 08:01 PM