Can't find a way to stop the icon for the Pictures app from displaying random two pictures when the Pictures folder is on desktop of my q10 --it's like showing an ongoing random shuffle of whatever pics it selects from a large file of many years making, and some of my pics are private or sensitive!

I don't want pictures randomly displaying this way, and my having to rush to close the Pictures app before someone sees pics they shouldn't if I happen to put phone down nea me for a meeting, etc. (I am not talking nude selfies here, but like pics from aunts funeral, close-ups of injury for a doctor, etc., that are in phone for a purpose, but not meant to be part of a slideshow I can't control and don't want to even see some of these randomly myself.)

Why is this random slideshow happening without my being able to stop or control this? This feels like there should be a settling I should be able to toggle off, or at leas say which pictures get to be randomly shuffled this way, but I can't find a setting to control it.

Very much appreciate suggestions.
    05-14-15 12:55 AM
    Assuming your OS is new enough, in the Pictures app, press and hold the picture in question and press Mark to Hide (the struck out eye) at right. It should hide it from default view.

To restore it, swipe down from the top in the Pictures app and toggle Hide/Unhide Items.

Posted via CB10
    You mention the picture thumbnails and pictures slide show. Both are different. The thumbnails is the default standard view when the picture app is opened. The slide show option has to be selected from the overflow menu.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:07 AM
    Assuming your OS is new enough, in the Pictures app, press and hold the picture in question and press Mark to Hide (the struck out eye) at right. It should hide it from default view.

To restore it, swipe down from the top in the Pictures app and toggle Hide/Unhide Items.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:29 AM