Client driven crazy by the Vodafone Start(?) App (I think this is the name of the app)

Apologies for both:
    • if there is already a thread about this (I can't find one)
    • my lack of knowledge re: Android (8.x / Oreo)

I'm a Passport owner who is waiting for the price to drop before I upgrade to a Key2... I was discussing this with a client who has just set up his own business and he was very happy to learn that he can still buy a BlackBerry with a keyboard (his last firm decommissioned all their Bolds, and then had him on Windows Phone followed by iPhone).

I told the client that the best option is buy an unlocked Key2...
    ...the next day he proudly emailed me to tell me that he had bought a Vodafone Key2! (And he was setting it up himself - a big mistake IMHO as he is not at all technical, I would have preferred if I had done this for him - at least if I had done this I could have followed all of the setup guides and googled each option).

This Key2 has a Vodafone app covering the top quarter or fifth of the screen - it doesn't seem to do anything (other than take up screen real estate) except promote Vodafone offers/adverts.

Any ideas please how I can remove, disable or hide this app? It's driving the client crazy (and frankly putting me off getting a Key2).

I've looked in apps, widgets, notifications, etc and can't seem to find anything pertinent (I'm not at all Android 8 savvy so it is likely that I've missed something really obvious!).

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 08-12-18 at 12:30 PM. Reason: formatting / typos
    08-12-18 12:26 PM
    Just removed it from nome screen and sent it down the launcher via the 'remove' track, it is a sort of widget
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-18-18 04:37 PM
    Just removed it from nome screen and sent it down the launcher via the 'remove' track, it is a sort of widget
    Thanks - I'll attack the client's phone tonight!
    08-21-18 11:54 AM