Does anyone know now that Verizon is on the GSM network and stopped supporting CDMA will the Key 2 work in the US. If so what model. I can't get an answer from Blackberry or Verizon they say only the Key 2 le model BBE 100-5 is the only one. Yet Blackberry rep told me in November to wait until January and the KEY 2 would work. As of today still no verification from Verizon or Blackberry.
    01-16-20 10:48 PM
    Does anyone know now that Verizon is on the GSM network and stopped supporting CDMA will the Key 2 work in the US. If so what model. I can't get an answer from Blackberry or Verizon they say only the Key 2 le model BBE 100-5 is the only one. Yet Blackberry rep told me in November to wait until January and the KEY 2 would work. As of today still no verification from Verizon or Blackberry.
    The KEY² LE BBE100-5 is the only officially supported device on Verizon.

BUT, you can get the KEY² BBF100-2 working as well if you set it up the same - namely CDMA-less. No guarantee that it will keep working though.
    01-16-20 11:35 PM
    VZW isn’t GSM either way
    01-17-20 06:54 AM
    You need to get venison to change your chip from the CDMA version to the GSM version
    01-17-20 07:19 AM
    No guarantee that it will keep working though.
    I also heard that about the WhatsApp Android apk on BB10, yet it's still working today, and better than before since WhatsFixer/SD card is no longer needed...or was it just the SD card part? Because in that case, once BBW does shut down, anyone who hasn't yet downloaded it will be SOL if he/she wants to set up Android WhatsApp with media capabilities

As for the KEY2, I'd be fairly optimistic that if it's been working on VZW till now, it will keep working indefinitely.
    01-17-20 08:40 AM
    VZW isn’t GSM either way
    Verizon is shutting down CDMA and moving to VoLTE. A GSM phone will not work on Verizon. The phone will have to support Verizon's VoLTE network.
    01-17-20 12:13 PM