A couple of weeks ago the powers that be at work decided that there were too many people (over 35 co-workers) using wifi. The password was changed and now I don't have any internet connection with my Passport. We don't get cell service in our office.

Is there anyway to connect my phone to my computer and use the Internet connection, specifically Blend?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-17-15 05:10 AM
    AFAIK, if your computer is on LAN and allowed to access internet connection, you can turn your computer as a Wifi hotspot and connect your Passport to that.

Depending upon what you have, you can search the web for how-to. Check your work's disclaimers tho.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-17-15 05:40 AM
    AFAIK, if your computer is on LAN and allowed to access internet connection, you can turn your computer as a Wifi hotspot and connect your Passport to that.

Depending upon what you have, you can search the web for how-to. Check your work's disclaimers tho.
    I don't think my work desktop has wifi. At least I haven't seen any evidence of it. I'll double check when I get there. If there was a way to do this via USB that would be perfect.

03-17-15 05:52 AM
    This is an interesting question. I thought it would be easy to do. However after searching the internet I did find one solution. Please be advised that your "Powers that be" may not like this idea. Basically you will be creating your own WiFi access point using the available network. Here is the link

Is There a Way to Connect My Blackberry Through My Laptop Internet Connection Using WiFi? | Business & Entrepreneurship - azcentral.com
    03-17-15 06:31 AM
    You can buy a USB WiFi dongle and if you have the rights to install it (as a computer system user and as an employee - which I believe it is problematic) you may create your own WiFi hotspot.
    03-17-15 06:37 AM
    If you connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable Blend will work just fine. I tried it myself by turning off Wifi on the phone and connecting with a USB cable.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-15 09:54 AM
    If you connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable Blend will work just fine. I tried it myself by turning off Wifi on the phone and connecting with a USB cable.

Posted via CB10
    However Cellular service will be needed. OP stated that Service was bad in office.
    03-17-15 09:59 AM
    The OP mentioned the number of his co-workers that were connected to wi-fi as the reason the employer changed the password.

There most likely is a bigger problem, of employees spending company time on their phones and tablets, that caused the employer to deny access. As a result, any attempt to gain access to the internet via the work computer, might not go over well with the employer.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, rthonpm and Smokeaire like this.
    03-17-15 10:53 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has offers help and suggestions. We (front office sorts) do get to surf the net, it's just that number of people in the whole plant on wifi was slowing it down.
    So if I could use my computer's internet access that would be ok.
    Gota get back from lunch.
    Thanks again.

03-17-15 12:02 PM