NO matter what Blackberry creates for phones, in the US, none of that matters, if the carriers do not sell their phones and/or support Blackberry, whether it is Android or BB10.

I have a Q10 with Sprint and they no longer sell, nor, support Blackberry, period.

I go to Verizon and they want $720 for the Priv and, basically, tell me I am nuts.

AT&T has their own Passport and I refuse to get stuck with AT&T hardware...a marriage in hell...

T-Mobile says they will do Blackberry but their tech support is clueless the 3x I have contacted them.

If I buy an unlocked Blackberry, what carrier(s) is supporting them?
    01-25-17 05:34 PM
    GSM carriers (AT&T and T-Mobile) are your best bet if using an unlocked BlackBerry device. A BB10 or Android device doesn't need BIS, so you're not in danger of losing service anytime soon. GSM gives you much more freedom in device choice than CDMA, at least until VoLTE becomes real (so not soon). Verizon has a handful of BlackBerry devices supported (Z10, Classic, Priv, Q10, Z30) but to really have worthwhile service you'd need the specific Verizon variant of each. Sprint has the Q10 and that's it.

The Mercury (that Android keyboard phone coming soon) is reportedly slated for all 4 major carriers, although the Priv was supposed to be too and look how that turned out.
    01-25-17 05:58 PM
    Why carries should care about support for BlackBerry?. They won't sell those devices as much as iPhone or android, there is no profit for them. BlackBerry brand was killed by bad press and social media

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 02:58 AM
    BlackBerry brand was killed by bad press and social media
    Or BlackBerry itself, perhaps?
    01-26-17 06:43 AM