Hi i have been using blackberry passport as my daily driver along with my iphone x from last 6-7 months and before that i have used blackberry classic for 6 months. i am thinking of upgrading to key 2 , but i am not sure if that phone is worth or not ?

I have main concerned about keyboard performance as compared to passport and security (as key 2 runs on android). Security is for me really important because of my office.
    07-22-19 01:50 AM
    If you wait... you may find there isn't going to be a KEY3 and that all the KEY2 inventory has sold out.

So if you need a new phone, and it needs to be a PKB... don't wait.
    07-22-19 07:09 AM
    I am a longtime BB user and early user of Passport. Last year I was asking myself the same question as you, but also questioning when 5G is coming. Note that I tend to extend the times between hardware changes and favor flagship models. Last Fall for business reason decided to purchase a KEY2, to slowly become familiar with BBdroid (while also using the PP on Wi-Fi in parallel) because of the unknown of 2020, but also as a bridge until availability of 5G. Am very satisfied with the KEY2, surprised that it would come close to the PP.

But I could of very well continued with the PP with the much appreciated BB Blend, as my needs are mainly business with emphasis on strong security (multi national international work here). For my other uses, the desktop is readily available with the bigger screen, possibly more computing power and lower costs. So my use of the KEY2 is mainly as a leaning tool with the added benefit of comparing it with BB10 usage, while I ponder how to extend the life of the PP (also the wife's Z-10) and if the next phone purchase in 2020 or 2021 will be 5G compatible. Decisions, decisions but also enjoying the ride in choosing.
    07-22-19 09:57 AM
    Hi i have been using blackberry passport as my daily driver along with my iphone x from last 6-7 months and before that i have used blackberry classic for 6 months. i am thinking of upgrading to key 2 , but i am not sure if that phone is worth or not ?

I have main concerned about keyboard performance as compared to passport and security (as key 2 runs on android). Security is for me really important because of my office.
    If your main concern is the keyboard you are going to be massively disappointed as the K2 keyboard is plagued with several bugs:

1. Random failed recognition of predited word swipe up gesture. Sometimes it takes 3 - 4 swipes before a predicted word swipe gesture is recognized by the keypad; this interrupts the flow of typing.
    2. Involuntary activations of Cursor Mode
    3. Involuntary activations of the SYM VKB

The last two were just recently resolved with by a workaround; the keyboard app settings menu now include an on/off toggles. When turned Off, you lose the features (double tap for cursor mode and swipe down for SYM VKB) but you no longer have to deal with unwanted keypad behavior.

Many here might say that they don't experience these issues but I can attest to be able to reproduce it on every single device as I have tested 5 and documented about 15 - 20 units.

These issues are widely covered here in the K2 section of the forum.

Another thing you might want to consider is that it is unknown whether the K2 will receive an Android P upgrade or not. The reason that might be important to you is that this Android version introduced gesture based navigation which brings the experience closer to the one of BB10.

Lastly, if you are in the US then there is no inventory with any of the regional authorized resellers which means that you are left with 3rd party; devices might be used and variants may not be compatible - do your homework in that respect before you pull the trigger.

Be warned.
    07-22-19 10:11 AM
    If you want the best keyboard Berry available right now, it will be the KEY2 or maybe even the KEY2 LE, depending on what you're looking for and how long you intend to keep the device.

I can still generally recommend the KEY2 even though there have been issues reported, some including the PKB as noted above.
    My personal experience has been positive overall.

However, if you don't care much about having a capacitive keyboard, then you should definitely save a few bucks and get an LE.
    rarsen and Smokeaire like this.
    07-22-19 10:39 AM