I'm due for an upgrade and I currently have a z10 and I'm thinking of upgrading now do I get a z30 passport or wait for a future BlackBerry phone! So can you guys tell me the pros and cons of each? Thanks in advance for the help

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:36 PM
    I might be the wrong person to answer this but I'll answer this anyway.

I have used all three devices including your current device. . Switch to a Z30 from the Z10 with no regrets. Way better battery, better screen real estate, hard to believe but better typing experience, faster processor....the list goes on.

I was hesitant to switch back to an all touch device but bought a Passport on release day in Canada. Initially it took me a couple weeks to get use to the size...and the Physical keyboard along with the virtual keyboard combo. Nevertheless, within a couple weeks I'm typing like a champ. The battery is even better than the z30, the device is a work horse.

Now, along comes BlackBerry sneak peak at the slider. Although everything is speculation about the device...I will be waiting with baited breathe to get my hands on the new slider. No guarantees as everything is speculation but I'm betting blackberry knocks it outta the park with this device.

So my suggestion is to hold off and grab a slider giving you the best of both worlds with a VKB and PKB and possibly some pretty great specs

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    04-14-15 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the help, when is the slider gonna come out

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the help, when is the slider gonna come out

Posted via CB10
    No word yet but I would expect September at the earliest!
    04-14-15 11:41 PM
    Oh I can wait till then, also are there any cons to the z30 or passport

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:05 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade and I currently have a z10 and I'm thinking of upgrading now do I get a z30 passport or wait for a future BlackBerry phone! So can you guys tell me the pros and cons of each? Thanks in advance for the help

Posted via CB10
    Z30 will be a better upgrade if u r looking for all touch screen, but I would rather recommend a Passport, it's the best thing of 2014 and 2015 till date, it a week before won the best innovative design award also. I bet u will fall in love with it, if u give it a 2 weeks time of try, square screen, great screen resolution, touch sensitive keyboard, faster phone, undying battery life, killer look, 32GB of inbuilt memory further expandable upto 128 gb. Love to use both the hands of its owner, people's envy owners pride.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:10 AM
    Well I like booth keyboards, maybe I'll try the passport. Thanks for all the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:13 AM
    I just switched to a z30 from a z10.
    I loved my z10 but the z30 is even better! The slightly - or not even so slightly - bigger screen makes typing even more fun and accurate and also the battery life is significantly better than on the z10.

Since you can pick up the Z30 for around 220$ at shopblackberry seems like a no brainer!

The z10 was an amazing phone but the z30 combines all the good qualities of the z10 and adds some other features. If you have the cash, switch to a z30.

Only you can decide if you want a full touchscreen device or one with a keyboard but like I said, absolutely no regrets here over the switch.

Only thing but this was also an issue on the z10, white is not really white, it always seems like the screen in not fully lit if you look at a white background... BlackBerry could have adjusted that but they didn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:34 AM