Hi all,

I've been using the Android version of WhatsApp on my BlackBerry Passport (on software release 10.3.3.1435) downloaded through Cobalt's Play Store. Now when I try to use the app it doesn't work and I get the following message:

"This version of WhatsApp became obsolete on May 28, 2018. Please go to the Google Play Store to download the latest version."
    (Can't attach the screenshot through CB10 for some reason)

When I go to Cobalt's Play Store it doesn't show that an update is available. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same message. If I change the date on my phone to a date prior to May 28, 2018 it works though.

Not sure if it's related but recently I downloaded WhatsFixer to be able to send attachments and ran the app but it didn't seem to work. I've done nothing else in terms of trying to fix the attachment issue.

Anyone else having this issue or know what's going on?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-18 01:00 PM
    The developer said that the work arounds might not work for too long.....

If you need WhatsApp, you really need to be looking for a new platform that is supported and not for temporary fixes for one that isn't.

But you can try downloading the latest from WhatsApp from Android. Uninstall what you have and then install it, tap outside the box when you get a google play warring and then run WhatsFixer... you will need an SD Card.
    Laura Knotek and RJ_BB10 like this.
    05-29-18 01:46 PM
    The developer said that the work arounds might not work for too long.....

If you need WhatsApp, you really need to be looking for a new platform that is supported and not for temporary fixes for one that isn't.

But you can try downloading the latest from WhatsApp from Android. Uninstall what you have and then install it, tap outside the box when you get a google play warring and then run WhatsFixer... you will need an SD Card.
    Thanks for the info. Downloaded from Android and it looks to be working again! At this point I'm waiting for the Key2 announcement so that I can finally make a decision on what new phone to get. I do still love the Passport though :'(

Anyone else having this WhatsApp issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-18 03:06 PM
    Thanks for the info. Downloaded from Android and it looks to be working again! At this point I'm waiting for the Key2 announcement so that I can finally make a decision on what new phone to get. I do still love the Passport though :'(

Anyone else having this WhatsApp issue?

Posted via CB10
    Last fully working version I tried is 4.17.427 (December 6th, 2017 on apkmirror.com)
    By fully working I mean media sending and receiving worked nice... at least when I did it 5 months ago.

However, like anyone else will tell you, this is just delaying the timer on the bomb. One day it will eventually not work. So KEY2 would definitely be the road ahead.
    05-30-18 04:14 AM